Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 22 new
Bernard, Steven and Joseph, your arguments are logical and I agree 100%. I think that the Pope's to date have been held back by diabolical manipulations and prevented from carrying out the specific consecration of Russia to Our Lady. The era of peace that Our Lady promised if her request was fulfilled has never happened. Of course the Devil will do his best to prevent it from happening but ultimately, it will take place. I am delighted any time there is any sort of consecration to Our Lady (world, country, city, home or personal), but our Mother made a very specific request and it isn't up to us to decide what she meant; we must obey and do as she said; consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart. I pray for this daily in my Rosary.
Aug 22 new
(quote) Louise-877216 said: Bernard, Steven and Joseph, your arguments are logical and I agree 100%. I think that the Pope's to date have been held back by diabolical manipulations and prevented from carrying out the specific consecration of Russia to Our Lady. The era of peace that Our Lady promised if her request was fulfilled has never happened. Of course the Devil will do his best to prevent it from happening but ultimately, it will take place. I am delighted any time there is any sort of consecration to Our Lady (world, country, city, home or personal), but our Mother made a very specific request and it isn't up to us to decide what she meant; we must obey and do as she said; consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart. I pray for this daily in my Rosary.
Thank you for your thoughts Louise! I agree. theheart wave
Aug 23 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Oops! Monica commented earlier in the thread...

Anne, you have an very active imagination.
Oops! Sorry to Monica for that. I think she just got over-powered by the "battling" of you guys on here. Well, John anything to keep a person "AWAKE" when you drive a dull, dark highway at speeds over 70 mph, getting close to midnight!
Aug 23 new
(quote) Louise-877216 said: Bernard, Steven and Joseph, your arguments are logical and I agree 100%. I think that the Pope's to date have been held back by diabolical manipulations and prevented from carrying out the specific consecration of Russia to Our Lady. The era of peace that Our Lady promised if her request was fulfilled has never happened. Of course the Devil will do his best to prevent it from happening but ultimately, it will take place. I am delighted any time there is any sort of consecration to Our Lady (world, country, city, home or personal), but our Mother made a very specific request and it isn't up to us to decide what she meant; we must obey and do as she said; consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart. I pray for this daily in my Rosary.
Well said, Louise!

On a side note, I am distressed concerning my efforts to have my parish and the other three parishes in our 'cluster (one pastor) participate in the 33 days of preparation for the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This was intended to coincide with Pope Francis consecrating the world on Oct. 13, the anniversary of the Great Miracle of the Sun. We will use the popular book 33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Michael Gaitely, MIC, which is based on St. Louis de Montfort's formula, and also has reflections by Blessed Pope John Paul, Blessed Mother Teresa and another Marian giant, St. Maximillian Kolbe.

My pastor gave permission for my to spearhead and advertise, but when I began doing so, the bulletin message was cut to two lines. I created a bulletin insert for this weekend and put up sign-up sheets and a flyer on the church's bulletin board at the front of church, where all other flyers are put. The deadline to sign up for the FREE book is Sept. 1 (a benefactor has generously provided for the cost of the books), in order to place the order, receive and distribute them in time to begin the preparation prayers.

All three parish secretaries and I were informed yesterday that NO bulletin inserts or any materials or mention of the consecration to Mary's Immaculate Heart were to be placed in the bulletins this weekend. The note said Father wasn't opposed to the consecration, but no individual can submit items, as I had done. I am thoroughly confused because I did ask for and receive his permission!

I had already asked the two priests who 'help out' saying Mass each weekend if they could mention this effort briefly after Mass. They enthusiastically agreed to do so! I ran into the same trouble when I organized a Divine Mercy presentation by MOMM (Mother of Mercy Messengers, a lay married couple associated with the Marians in Stockbridge, MA, Joan and Dave Maroney...dear friends of mine. I urge ALL to check out and follow their website and try your best to attend one of their dynamic presentation, or even better, arrange to have THEM come to YOU!!!)

Anyway, I didn't mean to stray from the original topic of Russia never being properly consecrated. I have just been shaking my head all night and morning, wondering what to do. I lit a candle to Our Lady and told Her that this whole project is in Her mighty Hands now. I can tell a few about this opportunity by email and word of mouth, but I'm only one person. I'm sure there's a Plan for everything, so I will continue to say often and repeatedly,

Jesus, I trust in You!

Aug 23 new
Tracy,

From what you write, there seems to be more to the story. Are you giving all the essentials here?

Then there is also your expressed opinion that the Consecration has NOT been fulfilled yet the Church's position is that IT WAS done. If you are manifesting your dissenting opinion with the "advertising" for your event against that which has been stated was accepted by our Lady (Sr Lucia confirmed it), you should then know why the policy is in place. It is the responsibility of the priest to not allow unilateral advertising for the sake of unity within the parish community when there is expressed or implied divisive action within his jurisdiction. Such a policy seems a prudent countermeasure to others wanting to further their individual agendas against that of the Church, intended or unintended. Simple acceptance to work within the rules is the answer.

I can't help to think that just as you have made your position known here on this subject, you have likely tried to make it within your parish community. And thus, this is likely the outcome due to your own actions, not some mysterious force. Just my 2 cents.
Aug 23 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: On a side note, I am distressed concerning my efforts to have my parish and the other three parishes in our 'cluster (one pastor) participate in the 33 days of preparation for the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This was intended to coincide with Pope Francis consecrating the world on Oct. 13, the anniversary of the Great Miracle of the Sun..

<....>

My pastor gave permission for me to spearhead and advertise, but when I began doing so, the bulletin message was cut to two lines. I created a bulletin insert for this weekend and put up sign-up sheets and a flyer on the church's bulletin board at the front of church, where all other flyers are put. The deadline to sign up for the FREE book is Sept. 1 (a benefactor has generously provided for the cost of the books), in order to place the order, receive and distribute them in time to begin the preparation prayers.

All three parish secretaries and I were informed yesterday that NO bulletin inserts or any materials or mention of the consecration to Mary's Immaculate Heart were to be placed in the bulletins this weekend. The note said Father wasn't opposed to the consecration, but no individual can submit items, as I had done. I am thoroughly confused because I did ask for and receive his permission!
Tracy,

It could be simply that the pastor intends to "advertise" the event at some future time, or in some other way than you submitted for "this weekend". It appears that you did not involve him before you just went off to the secretaries.

Look at the words you wrote: "no individual can submit items, as I had done"

As you are "thoroughly confused" I ask you: did you go and ask him, talk to him directly? Instead of assuming, you need more facts. If you do not follow through, matters cannot change.

Yes, you had his permission to "spearhead" the effort, but that does not give you permission just to take off on your own and do whatever you want. Right?
Aug 23 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This was intended to coincide with Pope Francis consecrating the world on Oct. 13, the anniversary of the Great Miracle of the Sun.

Anyway, I didn't mean to stray from the original topic of Russia never being properly consecrated. I have just been shaking my head all night and morning, wondering what to do.
Tracy,

Look at your own words. You start out with the right understanding of what this thread was really about. It was (I would like to think a genuine intent to "advertise" by Bernard) Pope Francis' consecration of the WORLD to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Even you admit that!

But then you make the wrong assertion that the thread is about the consecration of Russia.

Can we all focus here? It is not about Russia, unless the original posting was just made for more ridicule about how the popes can't seem to get it right...
It was Steven who immediately derailed the thread off the WONDERFUL EVENT COMING UP and into disrespecting Church authority with an opinion that has already been disproven. Then others are chiming in with how they agree!!!

So, a return to the real purpose for this thread should be the UPCOMING CONSECRATION of the WORLD not about a country whose name starts with the letter "R", just because some refuse to accept the official Church interpretation.
Aug 23 new
If persons want to make it the main issue about the consecration of Russia, then I would like second Alex's earlier suggestion of the creation of a CONTROVERSY or DISSENT thread category and we can continue to hash those matters there (as others), but....

The real discussion that should be happening here and now and the weeks to come is the REALLY, REALLY,REALLY EXCITING EVENT of Pope Francis consecrating the WORLD to the IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY!!!
Aug 23 new
There is an elephant in the room that no one is addressing. At the risk of getting flamed, I'll be the one.

And the elephant is this:
Fatima is a private revelation. It is not binding in faith for any Catholic (except those who directly received it). Same goes for all Marian apparitions, the Divine Mercy, the Nine First Fridays, and so on. The most the Church can do with these is deem them "worthy of belief". She cannot insist we believe in them, however.
Do we really have the right to insist that the Pope follow our interpretation of a private revelation? I think not.

As John said, we should celebrate the fact that Pope Francis is consecrating the world to Our Lady. Nitpicking that he's not mentioning "that R country" by name is not helpful. IMHO.
Aug 23 new
Yes, Edward +100, if I could.
Posts 91 - 100 of 134