Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 15th 2013 new
It doesn't really bother me if people consider my son to be "Baggage". Everyone sees things differently, but if you are not willing to help me unpack, you are not the man for me
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5r2spPJ8g
Hey - that's a 1974 song you're not supposed to know about .... but you do. Guess people of big age differences CAN share things?

... my boy was just like me ...

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Hey - that's a 1974 song you're not supposed to know about .... but you do. Guess people of big age differences CAN share things?

Found the song covered by Johnny Cash on cross.tv. Can't paste the link on my tablet, but it's GOOD.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Hey - that's a 1974 song you're not supposed to know about .... but you do. Guess people of big age differences CAN share things?

Cats in a Cradle
Aug 16th 2013 new

I know a lot of music that was recorded before I was born. When I got my first Walkman, Santa included a Jan & Dean cassette.
Aug 16th 2013 new
thumbsup Great observations and comments, Kevin, and others!

I am the adoptive mom with adult daughters, who some might classify as "baggage"...They are in their 20's, but Life's problems don't stop at 18 or even 21. Some kids, regardless of the best parenting and home conditions, can have delayed maturation, run afoul of the law, or just make stupid mistakes that last a lifetime. With my girls, I still love them, just as we should ALL love one another--even when they've been their very worst. I pray a lot on their behalves, keep an ear and arms open to them, and remember to "forgive trespasses", just as I hope they forgive mine. Praying hug

As a school teacher, I obviously enjoy being around children--of all ages and kinds! If God should bring me a new mate with a child/children, I would love having a larger family, even if all the "chicks" were already out of our respective nests! wink With love and prayer, there is NOTHING that a committed married couple can't work out together, and that includes difficult children and family integration. I say, "Change the 'baggage' to 'baggettes', bring out the cheese and wine, and let's live a little"! tongue
Aug 16th 2013 new

Children are a very special blessing that we are all called to cherish, nurture, and value. While their presence in a relationship does add to its complexity, it also enhances it beyond measure. When you love a person, you have to be willing to love all of who and what they are, this includes their children. Not all are called to parenting, but those who are very blessed in the trust placed in them to assist in the growth and development of a new generation who will carry the faith forward into the future.

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Found the song covered by Johnny Cash on cross.tv. Can't paste the link on my tablet, but it's GOOD.
Can't say I have heard this version before, but I love Johnny Cash.
Here is the link that Bob was referencing:
www.cross.tv

Bob - I have found on my tablet that if i click for an extended length of time that a pop up allowing me to copy appears. This is on an Android not an iPad.

In regards to children, I see them as nothing but a blessing.

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Can't say I have heard this version before, but I love Johnny Cash.
Here is the link that Bob was referencing:
http://www.cross.tv/78955

Bob - I have found on my tablet that if i click for an extended length of time that a pop up allowing me to copy appears. This is on an Android not an iPad.

In regards to children, I see them as nothing but a blessing.

Dave - thank you for the Link so others can enjoy Johnny Cash's cover.

I also have an Android, but pasting a Link is almost impossible. This is an area where a desktop or laptop appears to be much more functional than a tablet, nut including keyboard entry issues.

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said:  Jan & Dean cassette.
Two girls for every boy ...

Having taught College between ages 33-to-46, I know communication and connection can occur w/ my students who were between ages 18-to-65+. So, when CMers claim people of different time eras can't communicate, that's not true.

I had a great platonic relationship w/ a woman 38-years younger who knew much more about 1970s Sports than I did, and I played College Basketball in the mid-1960s long before she was born.
Posts 11 - 20 of 36