Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: It doesn't really bother me if people consider my son to be "Baggage". Everyone sees things differently, but if you are not willing to help me unpack, you are not the man for me
Well said Kate. In my case this means giggling with grandboys. How hard is that???
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Be kind to your child/ children because if you have to go there, they will select your nursing home.
As a Director of Nursing in a Long term care facility I must say this is quite often true!
As the mother of 2 grown children, they have threatened the nursing home, 72 hour psychological / competency evaluations as retribution for being a mean momma when they were teens! They have learned a few too many things from me! (All they'd have to say is I have suicidal ideations with a plan.)
Aug 16th 2013 new
I was just talking to a friend today; her grandmother was widowed with 4 children and married a man who had never been married, they had 3 more children. When the first of these 3 children had a child, someone asked her grandfather how he felt about having his first "real " grandchild. Grandpa was furious.. ALL of the children and grandchildren were his.. end of subject. There are good people out there.
Sep 2nd 2013 new
The more the better, little samsonites to help with all the heavy lifting around the house and yard.
Sep 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Hey - that's a 1974 song you're not supposed to know about .... but you do. Guess people of big age differences CAN share things?

... my boy was just like me ...

And here's a parody of it I best most haven't heard:

youtu.be

Sep 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: I have read a lot comments on CM since I have joined about children being"BAGGAGE". Get a grip on life people, children are not baggage as if to put in the hold of an aircarf or the upper bin etc, they are a human being with a soul and want to be loved and cared for. Children are our byproduct of good life we once had, we the "PARENTS" failed them, they did not fail us. Jamie Lee Curtis had the perfect saying, " a child is like a camera becareful on what you do because the will try to imatate you" The quote may not be exact, but it is close. Don't get me wrong, I have looked at the issue of a future spouse's children, if still home. Would I be good enough for them to understand to I amnot their father but maybe a friend to help, could I deal with disabilities and still keep an open mind of what I am getting into. These are normal human feelings and thoughts that everybody needs to condsider. Believe it or not folks, their are the next generation. Something else to think about, when we get older and need their help, will they help you or just throw you away like we did to them. Something for everybody of every age on CM to consider.
Are you sure the baggage references were to the children themselves, as opposed to things related to them (particularly messy custody issues)? Granted, I don't read many profiles, but I have never seen the former, but I have seen the latter.

Sep 2nd 2013 new
Thank you for this. Children are never baggage! My children are my most precious gifts from God! To call either of my girls baggage would be equivalent to saying goodbye...and I might slam that door shut and certainly lock it!
Sep 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: ... I have looked at the issue of a future spouse's children, if still home. Would I be good enough for them to understand to I amnot their father but maybe a friend to help, could I deal with disabilities and still keep an open mind of what I am getting into....
I hope everyone of us looks at it this way.

Great post!
Sep 25th 2013 new
I send out a big Thank You too! hug
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: I have read a lot comments on CM since I have joined about children being"BAGGAGE". Get a grip on life people, children are not baggage as if to put in the hold of an aircarf or the upper bin etc, they are a human being with a soul and want to be loved and cared for. Children are our byproduct of good life we once had, we the "PARENTS" failed them, they did not fail us. Jamie Lee Curtis had the perfect saying, " a child is like a camera becareful on what you do because the will try to imatate you" The quote may not be exact, but it is close. Don't get me wrong, I have looked at the issue of a future spouse's children, if still home. Would I be good enough for them to understand to I amnot their father but maybe a friend to help, could I deal with disabilities and still keep an open mind of what I am getting into. These are normal human feelings and thoughts that everybody needs to condsider. Believe it or not folks, their are the next generation. Something else to think about, when we get older and need their help, will they help you or just throw you away like we did to them. Something for everybody of every age on CM to consider.
I too thank you or this answer, Kevin.........I found it difficult to find
friends to help me form a non profit society to get funding
for one of my kids.................seriously
[I do more than 90% of the work so it was for meetings and
moral support only]

so I understand that having this
much responsibility has historically been not so much ''me''
but the ''whole package'' which stopped any dates from
wanting to get very close
Posts 21 - 30 of 36