Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said: Can anyone present a Step X Step procedure for converting photo-negative images to images that appear on this WS?

Sept 1 , purchase a camera--- Step 2 , take photos--- Step 3 , develop the negatives------------ Step 4 , ________
Since your question deals specifically with asking about photo-negative images I am assuming that Step1 listed above is not allowed to be purchase a digital camera?

The specific steps would typically require addtional hardware such as a scanner.
There are flat bed scanners that are capable of scanning from photo-negatives, and the scanner usualyy comes with software for inverting the colors- thus converting the scanned image into a positive one.

I offer the following link to a video of one technique in which someone converts a negative image into a positive.
www.youtube.com

If they are old slide and/or phot-negatives, I can see purchasing a scanner to get the job done. But what perplexes me is the reasoning for the first 3 steps you mention, when a digital camera would eliminate the need.

Yet at the same time I realize the question as a valid one - if nothing more than the curiosity of how it would/could be done. If the video does not give you insight into the steps and the equipment required, I would be more than willing to attempt to help answer the question in more detail - just let me know.

Aug 16th 2013 new
I've been told by people who I know that are not on this site that when they've done a search for this site my picture has come up. As I'm on facebook and already have hundreds of photos on meetup.com it doesn't bother me but it's good to be aware of. Don't post anything on the internet you wouldn't mind your family seeing...lol
Aug 16th 2013 new
In response to how to get a person to quit messaging you, I would offer this advice. Send them a message and tell them you are not interested in pursuing a relationship and wish them luck in their search. This is so much more honest than letting people keep their hopes up if you do not feel an attraction.
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: My info is a bit harder to trace in the fact that my name is David and I live in Bowie MD 99% of all information is in regards to David Bowie - or some Doctor, neither of which I am

But i know that there is enough out there about me to prove I am who I am to someone when I need to :)
Wow! surprised I never realized David Bowie was on CatholicMatch! faint Amazing! lol laughing laughing
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I've been told by people who I know that are not on this site that when they've done a search for this site my picture has come up. As I'm on facebook and already have hundreds of photos on meetup.com it doesn't bother me but it's good to be aware of. Don't post anything on the internet you wouldn't mind your family seeing...lol
Just for kicks I went to google and tried an image search on the following terms: catholic match buffalo.
Sure enough, my photo shows up in the first few rows of pictures. However, none of my scrap book photos show up. So, if the search exposure makes anyone nervous, my suggestion is to delete the profile photo, but please do have some scrapbook photos. That way at least, genuine CM members will be able to see what you look like.
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: Just for kicks I went to google and tried an image search on the following terms: catholic match buffalo.
Sure enough, my photo shows up in the first few rows of pictures. However, none of my scrap book photos show up. So, if the search exposure makes anyone nervous, my suggestion is to delete the profile photo, but please do have some scrapbook photos. That way at least, genuine CM members will be able to see what you look like.
So can moderators suggest to administers to block our photos?
Aug 16th 2013 new
If I Google Mari from Panama..I get NOTHING..
If I Google Laura from Brecksville Ohio..Again I get NOTHING unless you are Laura Balzano Attorney at Law..
If I Google Jeff from Goose Creek SC I get a Jeff that is an MD and and a Jeff that is a Veterinarian..

The thing that you all are failing to recognize is that without your last name and you are not some kind of professional person whose name will pop up all over the net anyway, you are not going to be found by a random Google search..
Aug 16th 2013 new
But John.. Most of these people are saying they eliminate people on the basis of no profile picture.. You have to OPEN the profile to see their scrapbook pics.. They are saying they won't even OPEN the profile if there is no profile pic..
Aug 16th 2013 new
PS... In order for them to find you on CM the other person has to know you are on CM in the first place, else how will they know to add Catholicmatch to the initial search? People are looking for bogeymen where there are few or none.

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: But John.. Most of these people are saying they eliminate people on the basis of no profile picture.. You have to OPEN the profile to see their scrapbook pics.. They are saying they won't even OPEN the profile if there is no profile pic..
Hey, I'm not taking a position one way or the other. But, I can understand the choice. If a member has no photos at all, it bugs me. If they have scrapbook but not profile, so be it. I can live with that. YMMV.
Posts 51 - 60 of 89