Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: If I Google Mari from Panama..I get NOTHING..
If I Google Laura from Brecksville Ohio..Again I get NOTHING unless you are Laura Balzano Attorney at Law..
If I Google Jeff from Goose Creek SC I get a Jeff that is an MD and and a Jeff that is a Veterinarian..

The thing that you all are failing to recognize is that without your last name and you are not some kind of professional person whose name will pop up all over the net anyway, you are not going to be found by a random Google search..
Not true. Found myself easily
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: If I Google Mari from Panama..I get NOTHING..
If I Google Laura from Brecksville Ohio..Again I get NOTHING unless you are Laura Balzano Attorney at Law..
If I Google Jeff from Goose Creek SC I get a Jeff that is an MD and and a Jeff that is a Veterinarian..

The thing that you all are failing to recognize is that without your last name and you are not some kind of professional person whose name will pop up all over the net anyway, you are not going to be found by a random Google search..
Ok everybody.........Donna called me a big NOTHING !!!! Geez, this site is rough !!!
laughing wink
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Megan-650240 said: Not true. Found myself easily
Yeah I found her also. But I guess if you have Facebook, your pictures are up for everyone to see. I cannot get Megan's profile info though unless signed into CM.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: Hi everyone, can someone explain why a person would choose not to put a picture on their profile, on a dating website? Many men and women have stated that there must be an attraction. Seems only fair to place a picture on your profile then. When I don't see one, the first things I feel are: 1. They must be very unattractive (according to their own self analysis), 2. Their hiding something...like they're really not divorced yet and they don't want to be seen by people who may recognize them. I do not buy into the fact you need to get to know my personality first, instead of judging me for my looks. Dating does not work that way...when you see someone for the first time, it is the initial attraction that brings you over to them and begin a conversation with them. I have talked with several men without profiles and have gotten along well with them, but once I finally see a picture, I find that I am not attracted to them. Attraction cannot be manufactured, it's there to its not. (With a few exceptions I'm sure). So why not have a profile picture? What's your thoughts?
Maybe if they don't have an annulment, even though they're divorced, they're not seeking a spouse; it seems that would be a reason that they don't post a picture.
I don't know the rules of Catholic Match concerning the divorced, but I thought that you had to have an annulment to be searching for dates here.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Maybe if they don't have an annulment, even though they're divorced, they're not seeking a spouse; it seems that would be a reason that they don't post a picture.
I don't know the rules of Catholic Match concerning the divorced, but I thought that you had to have an annulment to be searching for dates here.
Sorry, I disagree with you Ronald. I don't think they don't put up pictures because they don't have an annulment yet. I think they don't put up pictures because they improperly judge themselves as not good looking. I want everyone to understand that is not a reason for not putting up a picture and realize they are beautiful, raise their self esteem. I don't belive in attempting to start confrontations with people. Especially when we are here to support each other.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: Sorry, I disagree with you Ronald. I don't think they don't put up pictures because they don't have an annulment yet. I think they don't put up pictures because they improperly judge themselves as not good looking. I want everyone to understand that is not a reason for not putting up a picture and realize they are beautiful, raise their self esteem. I don't belive in attempting to start confrontations with people. Especially when we are here to support each other.
I'm not really disagreeing with you, I was justing adding a comment which might apply to some that are divorced and don't post a picture. I also think that everyone should at least post one picture regardless of why theyre on this site.

By the way, I think that you have some good pictures of yourself posted; not eveyone is as photogenic as you are.

Do you have any tips for how to become more photogenic?
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I'm not really disagreeing with you, I was justing adding a comment which might apply to some that are divorced and don't post a picture. I also think that everyone should at least post one picture regardless of why theyre on this site.

By the way, I think that you have some good pictures of yourself posted; not eveyone is as photogenic as you are.

Do you have any tips for how to become more photogenic?
I don't really know about being photogenic, all those pictures taken were not posed, they were spontaneous situations...like following rollar coaster riding at cedar point and following a run at outer banks. My profile picture was an impromptu picture from a coworker who was going to do biographies on each of us for our clients. I had no idea she was going to take my photo that day, but I thought, who cares, whatever, hurry up and take it.
We have talked about this in the women's forums....what type of pictures we'd like to see. A really clear picture is a must, no ball caps and sunglasses, no pictures in the car, no pictures of you taking pictures of yourself, or pictures in bars holding up your beer. I think it would be cool if you are in pictures in environments that make you really happy (so you smile big), yet are attractive environments to look at.......i.e. by waterfalls, trees, flowers, gardens, other things that catch women's eyes.
Aug 18th 2013 new
It's interesting that only one person without a picture answered this thread...and that was to ask how to put a picture on his profile....where are the rest of you....? Why did you personally choose not to put a photo on? It will help the rest of us understand better and maybe not jump so quickly over your profile.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: Hi Elizabeth,
I can only speak for myself on this thread. When I am looking at the photo album section to get a better view of the pictures in it, the person profile is opened up. What I like is all the different pictures especially if the person is traveling. This just gives me better perspective on the person without really looking at the profile. If I am interested further, i will then read the profile. To me,like you said, pictures speak a 1000 words.
Hi Kevin, I think we all do it that way...I look at the pictures first, then read the profile if the pictures are interesting. If there is no picture, I read the part of the profile that tells your height, etc, so that I can get an idea of what the person may look like, but rarely move on to the profile.
Aug 20th 2013 new
But you were looking for yourself and your browser recognizes that you are you... You will always find out everything about yourself.. But a random stranger won't.. I can't understand why this is so hard for people to get..

Posts 61 - 70 of 89