Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Aug 18th 2013 new
LOL thanks Kenny, and the thing is I know you are right and think the same myself.

The 8 bucks is in the mail..! tongue

I wish you the very best and that God delivers your special person in short order! Praying Praying smile
Aug 18th 2013 new
Kenny,

In answer to your question, to me, Im trying to stay open to Gods will. I dont want to limit my mind to one or two of the three categories you mentioned so as not to miss Gods will. My only requirement is the man must be available to marry in the Catholic Church before we even begin to date.
Aug 18th 2013 new
God is in charge, so His will be done. Not to be put in a category, then one may miss out on their true love. We all can sympathize with one another in our past and in our quest for love. Love is all you need. Praying hug rose
Aug 20th 2013 new
Bottom line, the ONE God chooses for me, He knows best and I trust in Him!

Aug 28th 2013 new
Just repeat after me "Jesus I trust in You", "Jesus I trust in You", "Jesus I trust in You", theheart
Aug 29th 2013 new
Praying Praying I just wish God would hurry up a little.... heart heart
Aug 29th 2013 new
Please, Please Please, Stop saying that God will provide. He will not . Sadly I see so many wonderful people on this site using God as an excuse not to make the choice to find happiness. The "Choice" is yours and only yours

I am 83 and yes I am looking again for the next wife that will be with me for the next 20 years or so. My Valerie was taken after 5 1/2 married months of pure joy. Her unexpected tragic death was Gods doing. My finding her 600 miles away was my doing. We did not find 16 years her junior any empediment to love.

Her superior education (PhD) did not deter us and we did not worry about what anyone in the world would say or think. We were in love. That is the only thing that God gave us. The free will to act on our own ability to do for ourselves. I aplaude Kenny for his absolute desire to find his new Sweetest and with his attitude I am sure he will find her because he is doing what God has directed. He is using HIS FREE WILL.

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: Please, Please Please, Stop saying that God will provide. He will not . Sadly I see so many wonderful people on this site using God as an excuse not to make the choice to find happiness. The "Choice" is yours and only yours

I am 83 and yes I am looking again for the next wife that will be with me for the next 20 years or so. My Valerie was taken after 5 1/2 married months of pure joy. Her unexpected tragic death was Gods doing. My finding her 600 miles away was my doing. We did not find 16 years her junior any empediment to love.

Her superior education (PhD) did not deter us and we did not worry about what anyone in the world would say or think. We were in love. That is the only thing that God gave us. The free will to act on our own ability to do for ourselves. I aplaude Kenny for his absolute desire to find his new Sweetest and with his attitude I am sure he will find her because he is doing what God has directed. He is using HIS FREE WILL.

Words of wisdom for all of us to think about, Thanks
Aug 29th 2013 new
Thanks Kevin, and good morning

Just to add to my comments I should like to demonstrate the same mind thought that seems to be prevelent in our people today. Think for a moment that we are a-- me,me,.me and I, I, I, society. We have a SOCIAL GOVERNMENT that gives us everything from food to phones and Housing to cars. It is take, take, take. Where is give, give, give? In addition we have a highly regulation society.

Addressing the same look at the Church as being the SPIRITUAL GOVERNMENT that had as a beginning the Ten Commandments but has, because of the man made highly regulation morphed into the perception that it is a give, give give spiritual government .

We as a society et all have been structured to believe that we don't have to fish as someone will give us a fish. This is pervasive not only in the Catholic Church but in most Religions and Faiths as well as society in general.

I can just see God up in heaven shaking His Head and saying "Where did I go wrong?" "I gave them the World and my Son, what more do they Want?"
Is it not time to use that great gift of Free Will and use it for His glory and not for our own personal quirks? It's a wonderful and great life out there. You just have to go and take it. I guarantee it will be a fantastic ride.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19