Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Can you tell me why?

Aug 14th 2013 new
When I joined this site five months ago I thought the main reason was for actual dating. I have found that there seems to be another function-cyber socialization - nice but not what I was looking for. I am tired of the I look at profile-guys look at profile and then nothing. It seems to me that if individuals were looking (seriously) there would be more actual interaction. I view mens profiles and they appear to be a "catch" and then they are listed as on here for years. If it is over two to three years then it difficult for me to believe they are actually looking for a soulmate. My subscription runs out in a few weeks and I can not see renewing it when this does not seem to be a dating site.
Aug 15th 2013 new
Kristin, I agree that there doesn't appear to be very much meeting or matching. I think that some of the other sites seem to have enough filters to find a Catholic man. I have met several. It all really comes down to compatibility! But at least on the mingling one and the match one you can get a lot of Catholic men who really do want to meet a Catholic woman. Best of luck! I did a 6 month subscription so when it is over in Oct or Nov. I too will need to leave in spite of really enjoying the forums etc.
Aug 15th 2013 new
Kristin, I agree. I think some or most men are looking for that woman they have fixated in their head that doesn't exist. It's a shame. They are missing out on what could be potential "soulmates" simply by judging pictures or profiles. Guys, take a chance. You might just be surprised!
Aug 15th 2013 new

Everyone seems to be searching,,,,,,and they say that there are success stories,,,,,,but i would think that the number of success stories is a rather small percentage compared with the volume of members who go through the membership for 1 to 6 months....or longer..

I think that we all have to just realize that staying single is a real ,,, very real possibility...

We all think in our own minds that we are a good CATCH to some degree.....But many people just don't want to put out the effort,,take risks,,,start new possible relationships over and over and over again....

Honestly,,,someone said a month or so ago,,,there are better chances finding love at the Supermarket....They may be correct...
I'll meet you by the lettuce and cucumbers...
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Kristin, I agree that there doesn't appear to be very much meeting or matching. I think that some of the other sites seem to have enough filters to find a Catholic man. I have met several. It all really comes down to compatibility! But at least on the mingling one and the match one you can get a lot of Catholic men who really do want to meet a Catholic woman. Best of luck! I did a 6 month subscription so when it is over in Oct or Nov. I too will need to leave in spite of really enjoying the forums etc.
I agree. This is really for mental therapy. The forums are reat and a lot of good people are here. But there is no dating involved. I, too, have joined match and have had several dates, all catholic men. Seems they are there to meet and date on that site.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: I agree. This is really for mental therapy. The forums are reat and a lot of good people are here. But there is no dating involved. I, too, have joined match and have had several dates, all catholic men. Seems they are there to meet and date on that site.
The forums are "neat"
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Everyone seems to be searching,,,,,,and they say that there are success stories,,,,,,but i would think that the number of success stories is a rather small percentage compared with the volume of members who go through the membership for 1 to 6 months....or longer..

I think that we all have to just realize that staying single is a real ,,, very real possibility...

We all think in our own minds that we are a good CATCH to some degree.....But many people just don't want to put out the effort,,take risks,,,start new possible relationships over and over and over again....

Honestly,,,someone said a month or so ago,,,there are better chances finding love at the Supermarket....They may be correct...
I'll meet you by the lettuce and cucumbers...
Oh no! Meet ya at the candy isle! biggrin
Aug 15th 2013 new
I too, think this is not the place to meet your "soul-mate" I think they should change the name to
"Catholic Lurkers"
"Catholic Forums"
"Catholic "unavailable"
"Catholic No Response"
"Catholic Mission Impossible"
weeping
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I too, think this is not the place to meet your "soul-mate" I think they should change the name to
"Catholic Lurkers"
"Catholic Forums"
"Catholic "unavailable"
"Catholic No Response"
"Catholic Mission Impossible"

laughing
I agree. I am leaving at the end of next week and won't renew.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I view mens profiles and they appear to be a "catch" and then they are listed as on here for years. If it is over two to three years then it difficult for me to believe they are actually looking for a soulmate.
Sometimes a person's length of stay has little to do with a lack of sincerity or drive to find a spouse. They simply have not found the right person. I want to get married to the right man, and not due to society's timeline or expectations for me.
Posts 1 - 10 of 118