Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Bridgid-151982 said: I've never understood the games of courtship. When I see a man's profile that looks interesting to me, whether he's a "match" or not, or whether he meets my criteria or not, I send him a message! It's no harm to anyone. If he answers, great, we could become friends or lovers. If not, so what? Not every man on the street who is desirable to me finds me desirable in return - and that's completely ok.

I haven't had the experience of very few men writing back. Most respond politely, even if it's with only a thanks for looking at their profile.

To be honest, I wouldn't really want the kind of man that's put off by a woman reaching out first. Yeah, I like strong men who can take charge - and often do - but hopefully they're intelligent enough to realize that an emote is just an emote!
Bowclap
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: There may be some truth to that, but the bigger truth is that, in general, women use language WAY more than men. That's why there are more threads by women. Verbal and written communication is also valued differently by men and women. Women bond through it more naturally and crave it, I think. (I know I do,) Men tend to place a higher value on physical communication, than verbal-written communication.
I concur entirely.

I once looked at the temperaments of forum contributors. Women of all temperaments will make lengthy contributions. This held much less for the men. Melancholics are the writen communication folk, and that was born out for the men.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Joan.

Not all men are like you portray. But I have said this before and I will say it again. This place reminds me at times of an 8th grade dance. Ladies on one side, guys the other and the dance floor is mighty lonely.

So guys and gals get out there and dance!!

Tim, I agree. It does remind me of a junior high dance with the girls on the opposite side of the room from the boys, waiting patiently for the boys to ask them to dance. As was pointed out earlier, there are far more posts in the women's only forum than the men's only forum, so I would equate that to the girls being tired of waiting for the boys to ask them to dance, so the "girls" are dancing with each other scratchchin and are having a blast!! THANKS for the "visual".
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Mustn't be a full bloan nurse yet! Somewhere else on the net recently I saw something about nurses can talk about anything at the dinner table! PTHB
I am sure an experienced nurse has seen about anything Clair. I'm just a novice RN student and will be fed to the wolves soon. Oh, and btw, there :is that HIPPA thing, lol! wink So, no talking about anything here!
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: I concur entirely.

I once looked at the temperaments of forum contributors. Women of all temperaments will make lengthy contributions. This held much less for the men. Melancholics are the writen communication folk, and that was born out for the men.
I'm mostly melancholic, go figure, and I am nearly terrified by the prospect of getting hit on in the supermarket, which tends to happen out here. The idea of getting hit on by an attractive charming guy with odds largely against him being Catholic and truly practicing frightens me because I rather not have the temptation to go out with them when I am available. I have had some funny things occur just trying to avoid such circumstances.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Dawn, you've made some excellent points, and I agree with much of what you say. I just wanted to share my realizations to contrast your harmless but off the mark observation on that one point.

There are three key advantages to CM online dating to me:

1. A Catholic man/woman can cross paths with other women/men much more readily who are available for marriage than he/she would in person, and identify initial mutual interest,

2. Expand one's search to truly be global and not be just local (although local is critical in later stages), and

3. Through the online discovery process the timeframe for reaching much deeper levels of discerning to what truly God has in mind between the two.

So it just makes us be able to introduce ourselves to one another, in front of the Catholic community, but the rest is pretty much like the more traditional means.

All good things take God....
Excellent post, John! Thank you. rose
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I view mens profiles and they appear to be a "catch" and then they are listed as on here for years. If it is over two to three years then it difficult for me to believe they are actually looking for a soulmate.
I have been on here for years because I really am looking for a soulmate, not just anyone who happens to come along. I discerned what sort of person I need and if it takes forever, it takes forever, and if it never happens, sadly, it never happens. I have reasonable requirements and I don't see the point of dating for the sake of dating, or worse, marrying for the sake of marrying. We're not milk cartons with expiration dates, after all. If someone looks like a catch and no one grabbed him, maybe everyone who passed is just not right for that person. Maybe the passers are all foolish. "The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone." Please don't assume the worst of longtime members.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Tim, I agree. It does remind me of a junior high dance with the girls on the opposite side of the room from the boys, waiting patiently for the boys to ask them to dance. As was pointed out earlier, there are far more posts in the women's only forum than the men's only forum, so I would equate that to the girls being tired of waiting for the boys to ask them to dance, so the "girls" are dancing with each other and are having a blast!! THANKS for the "visual".
And I compare it to a vast shoe warehouse with thousands upon thousands of boxes of shoes, all in nearly identical plain brown wrappers without a size or style marked on them. I enter and get exasperated because finding the size and style I need is nearly impossible, while the salesman accuses me of being unreasonable because I don't have the patience to open box after unlabelled box trying to find the size and style I need. The salesman also starts trying to convince me that size and style don't matter and that I am unreasonable for having any preference at all about what kind of shoes I want to buy, because after all, they're all so wonderful, and my feet will grow into them. If a man walked into a room with thousands of apparently identical ladies (a la Harry Mudd) who could fault the poor soul for not knowing which one to ask to dance?
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: I am sure an experienced nurse has seen about anything Clair. I'm just a novice RN student and will be fed to the wolves soon. Oh, and btw, there :is that HIPPA thing, lol! So, no talking about anything here!
Hippa? Gonna DANCE your way around the floor or going to the zoo to see thr HIPPOs?
Aug 26th 2013 new
I don't think the forums is worth the 10 dollars per month I paid for CM. I don't get many men even looking at my profile. Maybe its my age or my location? Whatever I don't think its worth the money. I'll just keep my profile up at PlentyofFish or OKCupid for free.
Posts 101 - 110 of 118