Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Thank you Brian, this means no more bathroom or gym photos Your doing them a favor btw, hehe
boggled wide eyed Mustn't be a full bloan nurse yet! Somewhere else on the net recently I saw something about nurses can talk about anything at the dinner table! PTHB::::
Aug 22nd 2013 new
Joan.

Not all men are like you portray. But I have said this before and I will say it again. This place reminds me at times of an 8th grade dance. Ladies on one side, guys the other and the dance floor is mighty lonely.

So guys and gals get out there and dance!!

Aug 22nd 2013 new
Christen,

Read your profile, you did a wonderful job. You sound like a great catch and a wonderful Catholic and person. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have a picture up. GBU
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: As far as meeting a potential mate on CM, I never even considered it a possibility, so I have not been disappointed by that aspect of CM.
Ok, then!!!! Why are you here really?
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: This place reminds me at times of an 8th grade dance. Ladies on one side, guys the other and the dance floor is mighty lonely.

So guys and gals get out there and dance!!

I think most all men here like to see the lady's "I'm eligible" card before approaching
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I have more experience with online dating than I'd like to admit, but this site, by far, is the best online dating site. A site like match.com, probably 85% of profiles are non-catholics, and the 15% that are, probably only about 20 to 25% takes their catholic faith seriously. I imagine that is similar among other online sites as well.

As for catholic sites, I have tried catholicsingles.com and that site is not nearly as good as this one. There is also avemariasingles.com, which is a good site for very traditional catholics, but there are few profiles and in my experience, many of the people on there can be very judgmental.

This site has worked out for me the best - even though I have been single for quite sometime. For starters, why complain about the forums? Are there people on here just for that? Maybe a few but so what? If they get satisfaction from the forums, what is so bad about that? But I imagine since you have to pay for a membership, the vast majority of people here on this site for purposes of dating. Sure, are there some people who are more serious about it than others? Yes, of course, but how is that different from the real world as a whole?

I think some people unfortunately don't look at the big picture. You only have to get it right once. Sure, rejection is never fun and dating can be a painfully arduous, frustrating experience, but patience is a virtue. You can't expect to meet the one for you overnight. Furthermore, no one should put down those who have been on this for quite sometime. They are likely still searching for the one....

clap Awesome response, Patrick. Thank you for saying what I feel I have been saying for years. (Btw, while I don't like that I am still seeking my husband, I don't regret or begrudge my CM time. So many blessings have come from it. It has not been idle time at all. Thank you, Lord Jesus!)
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: From the responses, the women "generally" seem to be more dissatisfied (except for Angela, who works for CM) with CM than the men. By the men's responses, it appears that the men are quite satisfied with CM. Is it because women are harder to please? Or is it because the expectations of women are different than the expectations of men? Or is it a combination of the two?
With all that in the head how can one recognize the will of God?

Is God so small that he is so easily stepped over?

When I read the above I see God using a shepherd's hook to pull all men off the dance floor.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: I think most all men here like to see the lady's "I'm eligible" card before approaching
I think it is a pretty safe bet for men to assume that if a woman is on here she is eligible. The great majority of people who join dating sites are single and looking to date. Sure, there are some who are not, but that percentage is A LOT less than the number in a bar. Take a reasonable risk here.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: I agree. This is really for mental therapy. The forums are reat and a lot of good people are here. But there is no dating involved. I, too, have joined match and have had several dates, all catholic men. Seems they are there to meet and date on that site.
There's a lot more dating that goes on here on CM than y'all realize. Most people wrongly assume that if people aren't talking about it then it isn't happening. But most people don't divulge their dating experiences publically. There are many good reasons (some practical, some moral) for being discreet. Unfortunately it creates a sense of no one IS dating/ finding the love that leads to the altar.

I'm going to challenge myself to adopt the attitude and approach that dating and finding my husband here is viable and probable. Nothing is impossible with God, and God IS here. Maybe with the attitude that it will I will be open to it. I do know that if I am firm on that it won't happen, it really won't. I won't give it a snowball's chance in Hell of happening with that kind of negative attitude. And why would a good man bother with a woman who does t believe he exists. But I do believe in him-- he is real.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: Sometimes a person's length of stay has little to do with a lack of sincerity or drive to find a spouse. They simply have not found the right person. I want to get married to the right man, and not due to society's timeline or expectations for me.
AMEN, sista!! hugwave
Posts 71 - 80 of 118