Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

This was his message to those who have hopes & dreams. This also aplies to those of us looking for that special someone. This was from a Joel Osteen broadcast.

If you have doubts, that is understandable. HOWEVER, if you SAY the negative thoughts out loud, this will prevent the positives from happening. If you have to say something, make sure it is positive.

Good luck on finding that special someone!

God bless all of you.
Aug 16th 2013 new
Amen!
Aug 17th 2013 new
Beautiful sentiment - but I thought two negatives made a positive, oh well I was never very good at math.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-366677 said: This was his message to those who have hopes & dreams. This also aplies to those of us looking for that special someone. This was from a Joel Osteen broadcast.

If you have doubts, that is understandable. HOWEVER, if you SAY the negative thoughts out loud, this will prevent the positives from happening. If you have to say something, make sure it is positive.

God bless all of you.
Joel Osteen is just another proponent of prosperity gospel. His smiling "feel good" approach is very popular, but following in the footsteps of Christ is no picnic. Numerous times he has misrepresented and misquoted from the Bible. Try listening to that fella over there in Rome. Goes by the name of Francis. He won't steer you wrong.

www.huffingtonpost.com.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I'm negative by nature. Always been that way, and kind of like it. In school, they used to try and tell me about the self-esteem, be positive stuff, but it never took. Complaining and snide comments are my way of saying that I love you all, oh fair and beautiful peoples of Catholic Match and the universe.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I wholeheartedly agree! Toxicity is contagious, therefore positivity begets positivity!!! So keep on keeping on peeps!!

Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Joel Osteen is just another proponent of prosperity gospel. His smiling "feel good" approach is very popular, but following in the footsteps of Christ is no picnic. Numerous times he has misrepresented and misquoted from the Bible. Try listening to that fella over there in Rome. Goes by the name of Francis. He won't steer you wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pastor-rick-henderson/osteen-meyer-prosperity-gospel_b_3790384.html?ut...
Thank you, Peter. rosary theheart hersheyskiss
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Joel Osteen is just another proponent of prosperity gospel. His smiling "feel good" approach is very popular, but following in the footsteps of Christ is no picnic. Numerous times he has misrepresented and misquoted from the Bible. Try listening to that fella over there in Rome. Goes by the name of Francis. He won't steer you wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pastor-rick-henderson/osteen-meyer-prosperity-gospel_b_3790384.html?ut...
Didn't mean to pee on the campfire folks, just telling it like it is.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-366677 said: This was his message to those who have hopes & dreams. This also aplies to those of us looking for that special someone. This was from a Joel Osteen broadcast.

God bless all of you.
Peter, I apologize for my last comments. Although unintentional, they were rude and unnecessary. theheart
Aug 24th 2013 new

God bless all of you.
A positive message Peter.. I recall reading a quote from somewhere and since i can't remember it verbatim,i'll paraphrase.
"be careful of your thoughts, they can become your words..
be careful of your words, your words can become your actions..
be careful of your actions, your actions will become who you are.."

like i said that's a paraphrase, but one that i think gets the point across of how powerful our Thoughts can affect us. biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 14