Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Aug 27th 2013 new
I've reached the stage where I feel someone has to SHOUT the negatives out loud to stop the craziness. Like when you go through airport security, or have to show a passport to get a driver's license, or other abridgement of our rights as citizens.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I've reached the stage where I feel someone has to SHOUT the negatives out loud to stop the craziness. Like when you go through airport security, or have to show a passport to get a driver's license, or other abridgement of our rights as citizens.
Amen, amen, Miss Marge! The trouble with our culture is that positive thinking has become a sort of leading principle to support the heresy of immantentistic thinking. 'Nice' becomes a virtue and a norm of social correctness to a perverse degree, where values are to be respected but OVER truth and virtue and God's rights. And what is to keep people from having values that are self-directed even in the guise of peace? Truth divides and true peace is that same truth, who is Jesus. Likewise, the highest good is not what man can do for another man, but God Himself. Truth does not alter because God does not alter. Everyone discusses what they deserve but so few talk about God's rights. And if you do dare to do so, people will harangue you and say you are not nice or are too deep. Please.
Aug 27th 2013 new
I ought to be more surprised that Joel Olsteen is being quoted and touted as someone to listen to as having some credibility, on a CATHOLIC forum.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: I ought to be more surprised that Joel Olsteen is being quoted and touted as someone to listen to as having some credibility, on a CATHOLIC forum.
And by the way, I wish to say something positive:

I am positive that Joel Olsteen is a heretic.
Posts 11 - 14 of 14