Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"Women are motivated by people they love and men are motivated by people they respect". In your life experiences, do you feel this statement is true?
www.youtube.com
Aug 17th 2013 new
there's a book for me to read
Aug 17th 2013 new
as always... someone making Generalizations and wanting to "Sell" something by trying to put a new Spin on relationships. Do Women stay in relationships with Men they don't Respect?, and do Men stay in relationships with Women they don't Love? scratchchin I highly doubt it. The fact is we have different motivations and kinds of relationships between; Fathers, daughters, wives, Sons, Uncles, Mothers, Co-workers, Girlfriends, Friends, etc.etc., and each one is always going to be different. smile Praying
Aug 17th 2013 new

too many words.....Sweetheart-ism is not about words...it is about feelings..when will people learn.....?

Everyone is an expert here,,,,,THEN why are you here and not in a wonderful joyous relationship..?
No animosity intended,,,,but there are so many experts here,,yet they are alone....
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: as always... someone making Generalizations and wanting to "Sell" something by trying to put a new Spin on relationships. Do Women stay in relationships with Men they don't Respect?, and do Men stay in relationships with Women they don't Love? I highly doubt it. The fact is we have different motivations and kinds of relationships between; Fathers, daughters, wives, Sons, Uncles, Mothers, Co-workers, Girlfriends, Friends, etc.etc., and each one is always going to be different.
Well said, Dave! +1
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: as always... someone making Generalizations and wanting to "Sell" something by trying to put a new Spin on relationships. Do Women stay in relationships with Men they don't Respect?, and do Men stay in relationships with Women they don't Love? I highly doubt it. The fact is we have different motivations and kinds of relationships between; Fathers, daughters, wives, Sons, Uncles, Mothers, Co-workers, Girlfriends, Friends, etc.etc., and each one is always going to be different.
Do women stay in relationships with men they don't respect and do men stay in relationships with women they don't love? YES THEY DO!! So when you decide that you do not feel respect/love for/from your spouse you file for divorce? I would hope not. No where in scripture does it say that when you feel no love/respect for/from your spouse you file for divorce. Instead Paul instructs husbands to LOVE their wives and wives to RESPECT their husbands. "This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband" Ephesians 5:32-33 ". As Christians, obeying the laws of God are not optional!! When we fail, by the GRACE OF GOD, we are able to pick ourselves up and try again.
BTW, the author was speaking directly about a marriage relationship, however mutual love and respect are imperative to all healthy relationships, whether it be family members, friends or co-workers.
Aug 18th 2013 new
Confining the discussion to "motivation" , what motivates me, or causes me to take certain actions is simply the desire to achieve, accomplish , and be creative. This is strictly " self-motivation; I don't need others to direct me or "inspire" me in this effort.

Most of us do need "inspiration" in our spiritual lives , as best I know we alone cannot "save ourseves"; we need Divine guidance and assistance from those in the Church that can provide such , and this is the reason devoted couples worship and pray together.

As for "people we respect" in worldly matters, it's important to expose ourselves to talented people we can learn from , and share knowledge with.As an example , I'm pleased I became aquainted with the two "premiere" architects in town who design residences for those who can well afford to lavish millions on "the house of their dreams."
Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said:  Instead Paul instructs husbands to LOVE their wives and wives to RESPECT their husbands. "This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband" Ephesians 5:32-33 ". As Christians, obeying the laws of God are not optional!! When we fail, by the GRACE OF GOD, we are able to pick ourselves up and try again.
BTW, the author was speaking directly about a marriage relationship, however mutual love and respect are imperative to all healthy relationships, whether it be family members, friends or co-workers.
Joan.. i get what Paul said about Husbands and Wives, and am familiar with it. I'm still a bit confused whether you are endorsing the Author's viewpoint?
While he does make some good points as the Vid progresses, (both spouses having to be motivated by a Christ centered life), his initial statement at 1:46 into the video "Guys aren't motivated by people they love.." and repeats this 2x.
To make a statement like that, to me is categorically incorrect, or am i remiss in my thinking since he is speaking of a "marriage relationship" and i have never been? scratchchin Praying

Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Joan.. i get what Paul said about Husbands and Wives, and am familiar with it. I'm still a bit confused whether you are endorsing the Author's viewpoint?
While he does make some good points as the Vid progresses, (both spouses having to be motivated by a Christ centered life), his initial statement at 1:46 into the video "Guys aren't motivated by people they love.." and repeats this 2x.
To make a statement like that, to me is categorically incorrect, or am i remiss in my thinking since he is speaking of a "marriage relationship" and i have never been?

The author is speaking directly to a long term "marriage relationship" in regards to love/respect. If you listened to the entire three part video you will notice that the author addresses the importance of mutual respect in a marriage, wives must respect their husbands, husbands must respect their wives. He points out that many times wives are afraid of their husbands anger, therefore they allow themselves to be doormats, in which case the husband loses respect for his wife. Did that ever hit close to home for me (I was the best doormat you could find)! The next point is key: once a husband loses respect for his wife the relationship is really in trouble.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9