Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: I know it's true. they look down upon us and help us and pray for us, so it has to be.

Another song: " Dolly Partons' "I Will always Love You"
I wish I could at least see him in my dreams. . .but I can't, although the other night I was kind of napping on the couch and i had the very distinct feeling, image of him coming towards me to kiss me on the cheek and I actually turned, so excited and realized I was there in the house with only the pets. . .I never doubted that I would see my loved ones again, until Pete was killed. . .now there is a part of me that doubts and I hate that. It's like expecting the next shoe to drop. . . He yanked him away just as we were planning the next phase of our life and it would be just my luck to get to heaven and find out I couldn't see him again.

Please forgive me, I've been a little weepy tonight and it seems like every time I turn around there is a sad song or a video I should not have watched lol. . .I usually am better at maintaining a chin up.

My friend's mother passed away right after Pete and I got married. She had had a surgery and she never really recovered but no one could figure out what exactly was wrong. Her bowel had died somehow and she passed away. While she hadn't felt well for awhile, no one really expected her to die, but she did. Her father was devastated. He asked St. Therese to give him some sign that she was okay. He had a large vase that sits on the ground, he was going through things one day and got to the vase and noticed something down inside of it, he reached in and pulled out a long stemmed rose, one that he had given to his wife before she had died and it was in perfect dewy condition, as if it had just been picked. He took that to be his sign and it brought him great peace.
Feb 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: I wish I could at least see him in my dreams. . .but I can't, although the other night I was kind of napping on the couch and i had the very distinct feeling, image of him coming towards me to kiss me on the cheek and I actually turned, so excited and realized I was there in the house with only the pets. . .I never doubted that I would see my loved ones again, until Pete was killed. . .now there is a part of me that doubts and I hate that. It's like expecting the next shoe to drop. . . He yanked him away just as we were planning the next phase of our life and it would be just my luck to get to heaven and find out I couldn't see him again.

Please forgive me, I've been a little weepy tonight and it seems like every time I turn around there is a sad song or a video I should not have watched lol. . .I usually am better at maintaining a chin up.

My friend's mother passed away right after Pete and I got married. She had had a surgery and she never really recovered but no one could figure out what exactly was wrong. Her bowel had died somehow and she passed away. While she hadn't felt well for awhile, no one really expected her to die, but she did. Her father was devastated. He asked St. Therese to give him some sign that she was okay. He had a large vase that sits on the ground, he was going through things one day and got to the vase and noticed something down inside of it, he reached in and pulled out a long stemmed rose, one that he had given to his wife before she had died and it was in perfect dewy condition, as if it had just been picked. He took that to be his sign and it brought him great peace.

Lauren, that is absolutely beautiful. Yes I have had somewhat similar experiences but the strangest dreams where my husband returns and we have a conversation...and sometimes there is just the closeness. Right after he passed away, about two or three weeks later, I was in bed on a Sunday morning and tried to talk myself into getting out of bed. I felt someone's arms around me so I just laid there and enjoyed the comfort. I got up a few moments later to find no one there. Later that day, a friend stopped by with a single rose. She said, "Something told me to buy you a flower because that is what John would do for the holidays." I stood there with my mouth open. By the way, this happened the day before Valentines' day and John was not gone one month. The Holy Spirit or maybe he was at work.

Isn't there a scripture verse that says there will be no more tears in heaven?

Mar 28th 2014 new
Hi everyone in the Widow, Widower Room. This singer Eva Cassidy has passed away around 1996. Someone sent some of her songs for me to listen too. I am also a widow going on 7 years this May. I find this song a comfort and very beautiful. Eva they say loved to sing but was somewhat shy so didn't like to perform in front of people. So she is probably laughing in heaven that people like me are still listening to her!! Hope it helps everyone's grief. It is called Forever by Eva Cassidy on Youtube.com. God bless Joan
Mar 28th 2014 new
Joan love her! Have you watched the ABC Nightline tribute to her?! She was fabulous. Why are the good ones gone?

Weepy tonight thinking of the loved ones that I lost and just trying to figure it all out but I won't because it's God's plan not mine. Now don't get all crazy but I often wonder why God took my husband, not me when he had all the brain's and talent and sweetness? Guess Heaven must be blessed! Praying heart rose
Mar 29th 2014 new
Check out Dani and Lizzy's dancing in the Sky."

m.youtube.com

Yep, heaven's got some good ones...
Mar 29th 2014 new
Hi Jane, We don't know why God allows some people to live on so long and takes the babies back. No one has the answer that I have talked with. We will find out when it is our turn to go and we see everyone again. Just love Eva's song, Forever, because it tells us that our loved ones are still with us even though we can't see or hear them. Sometimes they give us a sign that only we know that they are still watching over us and to me that helps the grief. Hope this helps.
Mar 29th 2014 new
Hi Kathy, Listened to Dani & Lizzy 's, Dancing in the sky, memorial tribute. It was very comforting. If you have any other songs, let us know. God bless. Joan
Apr 8th 2014 new
Kenny, Thanks for the song, it was beautiful. I believe in what it says we will see our love ones again. If you find any other songs, let us know. Joan
Apr 9th 2014 new
Only 7 mo for me also. I have good days and not so good days. Something a memory just comes to me and I break down. I have his last picture right near my computer and I say "good morning" and talk to him a lot. I'll read or hear something that i think he'd be interested in and I start to tell him them I realize he is not here. But I feel I am handling it okay.
Jun 22nd 2014 new

I am also new to this sight as I lost my Husband, David, almost 8 months ago. I believe we will see each other again and he went before me to prepare a place for us both. He was 54 and had a sudden heart attack while working out of state in CA. I was here in WI where we live. I miss him terribly and Thank God for my Faith everyday as I do not know how anyone could get thru this without the strength from Our Father in Heaven.

In the past 13months I buried my Mother-in-law, My Mother, My husband and just this last weekend My Father. Please keep me in your prayers.

Posts 11 - 20 of 21