Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Aug 18th 2013 new
You guys may be right. It may be something that is normal and just having it all put together makes it look like something is about to happen. Not sure about what Donald Trump said or even if that is true. He, too, may be a bit paranoid.
The antibiotics are for secondary bacterial infections. The MERS virus is a lot like SARS only with added kidney failure as a possible outcome. It seems to attack the bronchial tissues in the respiratory trait and the kidneys. If those areas become taxed or don't filter well, bacteria sets in. Anytime you get a head or chest virus you stand a good chance of getting a bacterial infection because of the congestion. That turns into pneumonia and the outcome can be poor for compromised individuals. I imagine the same is true for the kidneys.
I am curious if the CDC has shipped antibiotics to other greatly populated areas as well or if its jut the North Eastern US.
I stock up on Nature Sources "Elderberry Concentrate" each fall. I don't sell the stuff but I should. It works better than Tamiflu (yes there is proof) and only cost about $10 a bottle. But like Tamiflu, if you have to take it asap or is doesn't work as well.The directions says to make a gallon of it but in the natural medicine world it is recommended to take straight by the spoonfuls, We take 2 or 3 tsps once or twice a day if we feel something coming on or if we have been exposed. Doing that, we rarely catch anything. I think I'll be ordering an extra case or three soon.. you know.. just in case.. wide eyed Hmm... where did I put my box of N95 face masks..(not that they are air tight but still...)
Aug 18th 2013 new
Reading through the Comments on the Youtube site.. i found this one response from this Michelle Hopkins person that i thought was out there

" revmichellehopkins 4 hours ago

OBAMACARE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AS FORCED HOME INSPECTIONS BEGINS OCTOBER 1, 2013!!! There are a lot of things in the hopper. But this will not go well. Gov't is threatening to shut down unless Congress votes to 'DEFUND' Obamacare. So that the law will collapse. We are looking at a possible false flag EMP and subsequent sudden scorching of the earth by the sun. And there is the implosion of the entire world's economy. America being it's last bastion remaining. I WILL NOT TAKE VACCINES. "

Really??? rolling eyes ... isnt this person just another David Querishi type of Quack? scratchchin
Aug 18th 2013 new
And here are some Exciting responses from this lady's followers.. if This is her audience...that should tell you a lot about her credibility.

1. " Vivian Sarpong 8 hours ago

Rev. do u feel this has anything to do with the "Kill Shot" ? Or as you've said black space op's laser hitting the sun preparing to make the sun go dark.? ""

2. " kerri lee 8 hours ago

im confused! what is going on? im lost. why would we have another country come to america to fight in our own country. I thought when new York was bombed they had war from that. why are we even at war with series. how come the whole east coast is on a red alert what is the government not telling us. is another country going to bomb us or is it comet ison wtf can some one please explain this to me please. i want to know what this means. "

I can't even begin to understand comment 2. scratchchin
Aug 18th 2013 new
You're right. We can't seem to locate this "letter" on any credible websites. And the consensus is that most of this is routine, end of the fiscal quarter orders. However, the CDC is very concerned about the MERS virus. We all should be taking that very seriously.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: it was posted on the "Preparing for SHTF" facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/preparing4shtf If you're interested in survival tips, its a pretty interesting page. Not sure how accurate it is, several of us are trying to verify it.
That is just a little too scary for me to think about. It is hard to believe that
all this is going on in our Government. They are supposed to take care of
Americans.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: I have heard certain indications of this . emergency training . especially of civic groups . even CDC distribution of medicine . something i would call weird and what the survivalist would be saying . You cannot put anything past this administration any more . such as paying for Birth Permit as per the direction of Katheen Sebelius Secretary of Heath . this was on the news .
I will never forget how Obama alluded to "citizen soldiers" in his campaign
speeches in his first run for office. But they were quickly gone from the
lexicon and no where to be found.

That would be a radical idea as far as I am concerned. And as far as
emergency training, I think the Red Cross has that covered.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: One problem -- antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections; they have no effect on viruses.

Jerry,

I suppose that you are correct. I am no medical doctor. I'm a mechanical engineer by training.

These antibiotics could be used for numerous types of infections though, depending on exactly what they are. I would be more concerned if the CDC were NOT stocking up on various things (like antibiotics). We just never know when and where a widespread medical emergency may break out. Just like the Boy Scouts.... It is best to be prepared. I don't see anything ominous or sinister about stocking up of food, survival supplies, medical supplies, water, etc. These stockpiles can be used up very quickly in a disaster (e.g. Hurricane Sandy, Katrina, etc).

Ed
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: You guys may be right. It may be something that is normal and just having it all put together makes it look like something is about to happen. Not sure about what Donald Trump said or even if that is true. He, too, may be a bit paranoid.
The antibiotics are for secondary bacterial infections. The MERS virus is a lot like SARS only with added kidney failure as a possible outcome. It seems to attack the bronchial tissues in the respiratory trait and the kidneys. If those areas become taxed or don't filter well, bacteria sets in. Anytime you get a head or chest virus you stand a good chance of getting a bacterial infection because of the congestion. That turns into pneumonia and the outcome can be poor for compromised individuals. I imagine the same is true for the kidneys.
I am curious if the CDC has shipped antibiotics to other greatly populated areas as well or if its jut the North Eastern US.
I stock up on Nature Sources "Elderberry Concentrate" each fall. I don't sell the stuff but I should. It works better than Tamiflu (yes there is proof) and only cost about $10 a bottle. But like Tamiflu, if you have to take it asap or is doesn't work as well.The directions says to make a gallon of it but in the natural medicine world it is recommended to take straight by the spoonfuls, We take 2 or 3 tsps once or twice a day if we feel something coming on or if we have been exposed. Doing that, we rarely catch anything. I think I'll be ordering an extra case or three soon.. you know.. just in case.. Hmm... where did I put my box of N95 face masks..(not that they are air tight but still...)
Mary,

Just within this last week or two, there have been reports that indicated that it may have been determined that MERS originated from camels.... which makes sense if the first cases were discovered in Saudi Arabia and surrounding countries. Perhaps the CDC and other authorities are getting a handle on this disease. Below is a CBS report, but there are numerous reports online:

www.cbsnews.com

Ed
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: You guys may be right. It may be something that is normal and just having it all put together makes it look like something is about to happen. Not sure about what Donald Trump said or even if that is true. He, too, may be a bit paranoid.

Concerning Donald Trump....

In my opinion, Donald Trump is all about his own self-promotion. He has some interesting and valid perspectives on business, but I really don't take much of what he says very seriously because his primary reason for getting in the news (e.g. being interviewed on FOX, etc) is just so that he can promote his latest venture, TV show, or whatever. I think that it is ridiculous that FOX interviews him so often. I usually switch the channel (now) when Donald Trump comes on the screen.

Just my opinion.

Ed
Posts 21 - 29 of 29