Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 28th 2013 new
Melissa....you know people are people....but you are a really pretty girl....why don't you try to go to one of those glam picture places where they do your hair all up and put makeup on and put you in some kind of gown or something and take professional pictures...with special lighting.....and put that pic on...it is worth a try....try it and see what happens...even if you dont wear makeup or anything....you can do it one time...I myself don't wear makeup unless absolutely have to for christmas and stuff...family pictures..parties....here is a clip of one of them....youtu.be
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: You may have made a classic error, that I made, at age 27. after ending a wonderful relationship.

Soon after ending the relationship, a 60-yo guyfriend who managed the laundromat where I went, told me ... when closing the door on a relationship, don't slam the door too hard, because it might come back and hit you on the a** ... if you learn you want to enter that door again.

LOL... believe me that door has been closed.... I just gave you chapters 1-3.....
Aug 29th 2013 new
I feel ya. Don't give up just yet. Your dude could be just right around the corner.
-justin
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: I feel ya. Don't give up just yet. Your dude could be just right around the corner.
-justin
Funny... but this "just right around the corner" does not seem to come around! smile
Aug 29th 2013 new
I must be standing on the wrong corner!
Aug 29th 2013 new
Aha!!! I figured out what s wrong.......this is just a big circle!! There are no corners!!!
Well Sistas, it is like this: First of all we gotta change our focus. Yep! Start looking at the cars in the Church parking lot. Mr. Single man is out there! Let him walk in to church. Scope out the car or truck....any sport memorabilia? What team? Then look up the last game on your smart phone. Go in to church. Sit next to, behind, or in front of him. Make eye contact! Pay attention to the liturgy. During the Sign of Peace, say the usual, "peace be with you"...followed by "good to see you again!" (While still holding his hand!) Then continue with Mass as usual. God is with you! You are in Church, at Mass! If he is the right one, he will notice! that is unless he is like me and so into the liturgy that you just don't see the tree because the forest is so lovely in the sunlight!
Just a thought!!!
Aug 29th 2013 new
sorry ladies, man really aren't allowed too peruse women any more, that's just creepy, that's how most guys feel nowadays. In my day to day interaction with people if a women does't say hi first I'm not going to bother them. Like for instance, Ladies if your at church or some other kind of church event and you see someone you think could be interesting don't just wait for that person to come up to and start talking to you. It probably will not happen, I have never done it, I'm there for mass and I'm not saying your not, but most guys think it is creepy/out of place to meet women at these kinds of events. So if your getting frustrated, that no one ever seems to notice you, guys may have but you will have to give them some kind of a indication that you wouldn't mind it, if they came over and talked to you. This is just a little insight into what is going on in some guys brains.

Oh and back to the topic I think people should at the very lest respond with a hi if someone contact you, we are all catholic's here and part of the same family. We should do are best not to hurt other peoples feelings.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-646325 said: sorry ladies, man really aren't allowed too peruse women any more, that's just creepy, that's how most guys feel nowadays. In my day to day interaction with people if a women does't say hi first I'm not going to bother them. Like for instance, Ladies if your at church or some other kind of church event and you see someone you think could be interesting don't just wait for that person to come up to and start talking to you. It probably will not happen, I have never done it, I'm there for mass and I'm not saying your not, but most guys think it is creepy/out of place to meet women at these kinds of events. So if your getting frustrated, that no one ever seems to notice you, guys may have but you will have to give them some kind of a indication that you wouldn't mind it, if they came over and talked to you. This is just a little insight into what is going on in some guys brains.

Oh and back to the topic I think people should at the very lest respond with a hi if someone contact you, we are all catholic's here and part of the same family. We should do are best not to hurt other peoples feelings.
Thank you Matt for your honest insight. smile
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said:  Then look up the last game on your smart phone. Go in to church. Sit next to, behind, or in front of him. Make eye contact! Pay attention to the liturgy. During the Sign of Peace, say the usual, "peace be with you"...followed by "good to see you again!" (While still holding his hand!) Then continue with Mass as usual.
Is that possibly a "strategy" i'm reading here.. very nice advice Christine. biggrin There's nothing wrong with being proactive.
There you go guys.. if this happens to you, Carpe Diem! Praying
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-646325 said: sorry ladies, man really aren't allowed too peruse women any more, that's just creepy, that's how most guys feel nowadays. ... Ladies if your at church or some other kind of church event ... most guys think it is creepy/out of place to meet women at these kinds of events.
Please be careful about the generalization "most guys" - maybe most guys you know would be a better choice. Meeting and/or being introduced to a lady at a church event - even if it is on the front steps of the church after mass itself - is not creepy nor out of place for me at all.
Posts 111 - 120 of 131