Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 29th 2013 new
I'm not saying guys are creepy or out of place for trying to spark up relationship at church, I'm just saying there are a lot of guys out there that feel that way, some guys feel even more awkward then normal in this kind of environment, so if a women feels like no one even sees her, she might have to be more inviting to someone she is interested in and not wait until the guy comes up to her.
Aug 29th 2013 new
I am in a rather large parish. I tend to sit in the same general area for a few months, and then move 90 degrees. So if I have seen someone before, I am comfortable enough to say hello. The gift of a large parish is that you can be actively involved without feeling like you are sticking out. At one time I was in a small parish that needed folks to come forward, and I was doing so much between parish council, liturgy commission, RCIA, and the archdiocese committees, I felt like the proverbial "Church Lady" because I had a hard time saying NO.
(I have gotten better now at saying, "thank you for thinking of me, but I am not available at that time.")
Aug 29th 2013 new
I am in a very large parish as well. Doesn't seem like there's too many singles there. Almost all families and married couples. I don't think it's a good place to meet men.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Hi Melissa, I too am is the same boat. I feel the same way as you do that when I send people emoticons and messages to people they tend not to respond back, which at times feels frustrating. This ia what kind of draws me to giving up. However, after reading other peoples responses I agree that we should not give up. We should leave it in God's hands and trust him. Our matches will come in time.
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said:
Now, the question is firstly, are you a cool Cracker Jack prize or a lame prize? Are you the decoder ring, or are you this: http://www.crackerjackdiamonds.com/EnterCode.aspx

Any time I hear the words "decoder ring", I think of Ralphie twittering with glee every morning when he checked the mail for his Ovaltine swag in 'A Christmas Story' laughing
Sep 11th 2013 new
Preach it my brother!!!!!
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: ..,,Get to enjoy rejection...if someone does not like you move on and on and on....,,why would you like to hang around with someone who does not want you around

same here.. more rejection and declined chats... the more i persevere to view profile, send messages , birthday greetings and emotigrams, am still in a positive mode and always include rejections into my prayers...
Sep 12th 2013 new
biggrin hug AMEN
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Aha!!! I figured out what s wrong.......this is just a big circle!! There are no corners!!!
Well Sistas, it is like this: First of all we gotta change our focus. Yep! Start looking at the cars in the Church parking lot. Mr. Single man is out there! Let him walk in to church. Scope out the car or truck....any sport memorabilia? What team? Then look up the last game on your smart phone. Go in to church. Sit next to, behind, or in front of him. Make eye contact! Pay attention to the liturgy. During the Sign of Peace, say the usual, "peace be with you"...followed by "good to see you again!" (While still holding his hand!) Then continue with Mass as usual. God is with you! You are in Church, at Mass! If he is the right one, he will notice! that is unless he is like me and so into the liturgy that you just don't see the tree because the forest is so lovely in the sunlight!
Just a thought!!!
A guy I knew did that to me, and it freaked me out. I'm sorry, but when I am in a church, it's about our Lord, not about the Dating Game. I just was not expecting it and it made me uncomfortable around him outside of the church, but that's just me. He could have made the same eye contact and cheeky grin outside of the church and that would have been perfectly fine.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I propose that every forum participant boycott any post that begins "Why do (men/women)..." or "I wish (men/women) would (not)..." Don't read them. Don't respond to them.

Amen.
Posts 121 - 130 of 131