Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 23rd 2013 new
I agree with Jim and I have pursued the meetup route and it is really fun! With chagrin the only problem is you may not meet a catholic person. I know how it is to share your faith and join together the journey to heaven. Don't get me wrong you can samba as you go! I am a lot of fun! I love talking and having varied discussions and love to try new adventures so meetup works for me!
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Also, I do not presume that you are one of the men who feel they ought to be placed on a pedestal. I think kind women should be kind to all, and if they have a special someone, they will known enough to honor him, but it is a man's place to pursue, and a man's place to back off when he is not being requited and the woman has expressed she is not interested. A man is also never insulting to a woman, don't you agree?
No one should be on a pedestal, we are all human. And if merely questioning your logic, or your condescending angry face or use of quotes, is insulting then so be it. It's a man's place to pursue but if my girlfriend didn't give me a heads up we may both be in the same place. And once I got the heads up I did pursue.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: I agree completely. Joining a faith based dating site is to date NOT to be friends. Also a woman is the pearl at a high price and it is up to us to discern.
Thank you for your comments
Oh but Linda, you are not thinking with the times! ;-)

Get with 'it'. lol

I'm only teasing, you know!

You look like Ann Jillian, by the way.

Anyway, yes, the Biblical, holy God-fearing approach to how men ought to regard women is truly masculine. Gentlemanly, rooted in Christian values, are standards that are truly manly for which are also worth recognizing AND holding out.

It is against GOD to treat women as equals as a gender, in the sense that they ought to not be regarded carefully as the physically weaker sex that has the capacity to be mothers, emotionally, physically and spiritually (not that all mothers have all these three things in practice).

I'm not sure Patrick if you mean to imply that we are equals. Perhaps you just mean that you don't wish to treat all women as if they are potential romantic candidates. But we wish to be clear: gentleman conduct and overall standards is the mark of a faithful Catholic man.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Also, I do not presume that you are one of the men who feel they ought to be placed on a pedestal. I think kind women should be kind to all, and if they have a special someone, they will known enough to honor him, but it is a man's place to pursue, and a man's place to back off when he is not being requited and the woman has expressed she is not interested. A man is also never insulting to a woman, don't you agree?
Amen and Amen
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: Amen and Amen
And because grace to live and be faithful to virtue is given to us by God Himself, one ought to place women who are virtuous in a high regard. To do otherwise would be a sin against truth.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
The forums, of course! Ain't we havin' fun?
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I must admit if my fun here is dependent on the forums, than my time here is about done for certain. Lighten up a little, folks! eyepopping
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lucy-41785 said: I must admit if my fun here is dependent on the forums, than my time here is about done for certain. Lighten up a little, folks!
I agree, Lucy, but I read numerous posts that are anti-male and struggle with whether to reply. Often I do because there are men who no longer participate in Single Living as they are tired of being scapegoated for being everything wrong with gender relations. They are good men who have a lot to add but have been scared away from this forum. It's a shame because this forum has the potential for people to learn a great deal from each other.

Not everything is the fault of the other gender. Maybe it's our own fault at times. Maybe it's no one's fault and it's just life. I agree though, we do need to lighten up.
Aug 24th 2013 new
Hi Melissa,
I don't know how long you have been a member of CM but it seems to me that there are a number of people who have been long time members, like years. For me it has been less than a month and I will admit I had the expectation that I would have some communication right off the bat. After reading some of the threads I've come to realize this could take some serious time and I undoubtedly chose the least cost effective payment plan. I have decided to take it one day at a time and leave it in God's hands. If my match is on this site then we will find each other and if he's not then God has another plan. In the meantime reading the threads and posting a few comments will occupy my down time in a wholesome way. I am just glad to be connected with some more Catholics who are single and have an idea of what it's like to be a single Catholic in such a secular world. Hang in there and don't be discouraged God loves you, he knows your heart's desire and also what is best for you. In Jesus' name I pray for patience and perseverance for both of us as we discover the promises of God and the plans he has for our lives.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-872788 said: I agree, Lucy, but I read numerous posts that are anti-male and struggle with whether to reply. Often I do because there are men who no longer participate in Single Living as they are tired of being scapegoated for being everything wrong with gender relations. They are good men who have a lot to add but have been scared away from this forum. It's a shame because this forum has the potential for people to learn a great deal from each other.

Not everything is the fault of the other gender. Maybe it's our own fault at times. Maybe it's no one's fault and it's just life. I agree though, we do need to lighten up.
Wish some of them would lighten up . lets talk about how many of the times the woman go back to the "bad boy" . It even happen to me here . One even contacted me back . I told her sorry seeing someone even when i was not . For now I stay to read the forums , articles , blogs etc .
Posts 21 - 30 of 131