Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 24th 2013 new
A while back I stopped searching.. I preferred instead to concentrate on my role as a moderator and forum poster and to keep up with my friendships I had already developed via FB... I am in daily communication with friends who met their spouses on CM.. I stopped initiating views on profiles through the search option and would only occasionally view a profile if they looked interesting from my Mutual Matches list or had a picture on my home page. What I did not do, however, was give up being open to anyone that might come onto my radar. When Larry popped up in my Mutual Matches, I viewed his profile.. He, in return, viewed me.. I sent him an emote not really expecting a reply. But he did reply back and that, as they say, is history.. My advice would be, instead of being the assertive one, take a step back and just be open to what happens.

Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: If everyone's a prize, I must be the thing you get in a box of Cracker Jack.
Chris, that is bashing, even if it is self-bashing. And it must not be tolerated, unless, of course, I bash you for bashing. That's ok.

Now, the question is firstly, are you a cool Cracker Jack prize or a lame prize? Are you the decoder ring, or are you this: www.crackerjackdiamonds.com

Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Chris, that is bashing, even if it is self-bashing. And it must not be tolerated, unless, of course, I bash you for bashing. That's ok.

Now, the question is firstly, are you a cool Cracker Jack prize or a lame prize? Are you the decoder ring, or are you this: http://www.crackerjackdiamonds.com/EnterCode.aspx

I was thinking of those little plastic animals, an elephant or something. Or am I getting it mixed up with animal crackers? If you're a 100-year-old Cracker Jack box, you might have one of the nicest-looking baseball card sets ever made inside. But I haven't seen boxes around here that would fit that description. Mostly bottles of Mr. Clean and a few boxes of Bisquick. I went to high school with Toucan Sam, before he got big.
Aug 24th 2013 new
Ouch, I'm seeing things in triplicate. That's four more cates than usual.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: I was thinking of those little plastic animals, an elephant or something. Or am I getting it mixed up with animal crackers? If you're a 100-year-old Cracker Jack box, you might have one of the nicest-looking baseball card sets ever made inside. But I haven't seen boxes around here that would fit that description. Mostly bottles of Mr. Clean and a few boxes of Bisquick. I went to high school with Toucan Sam, before he got big.
Wow.

I don't know what to say. I'm not sure I like or understand the direction this conversation is taking.

Lighten up, Chris! Yes, times have changed. You cannot get the cool prizes any longer in this day and age in a Cracker Jack box. They've moved on to digital this year --- no, not the Cracker Jacks themselves but the prizes www.mobilemarketer.com. But most of us have moved on to Fiddle Faddle. Yes, Cracker Jacks is aware of this, and threatens to add more flavors and (I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't true) more peanuts. Still, like I've said before and I'll say it again to try to get the last word:

Times have changed.

And I'm not sure why you mentioned Mr. Clean and Bisquick, but it sounds like a terrible snack.

Oh, and one more thing... tell Toucan Sam I said, "hi!"

Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Wow.

I don't know what to say. I'm not sure I like or understand the direction this conversation is taking.
Now I'm confused.
Aug 24th 2013 new
Never mind, I get it now. Brain is slow today. Sorry about that.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: Now I'm confused.
I just jumped on the "I don't like the direction of this" and "let me bash you for bashing" bandwagon.
Then Donna had to come in and make sense. Which, by the way, was a very nice response. Thank you for sharing, Donna! wave
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: I just jumped on the "I don't like the direction of this" and "let me bash you for bashing" bandwagon.
Then Donna had to come in and make sense. Which, by the way, was a very nice response. Thank you for sharing, Donna!
wave
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: A while back I stopped searching.. I preferred instead to concentrate on my role as a moderator and forum poster and to keep up with my friendships I had already developed via FB... I am in daily communication with friends who met their spouses on CM.. I stopped initiating views on profiles through the search option and would only occasionally view a profile if they looked interesting from my Mutual Matches list or had a picture on my home page. What I did not do, however, was give up being open to anyone that might come onto my radar. When Larry popped up in my Mutual Matches, I viewed his profile.. He, in return, viewed me.. I sent him an emote not really expecting a reply. But he did reply back and that, as they say, is history.. My advice would be, instead of being the assertive one, take a step back and just be open to what happens.

Love you uplifting story. Thank you for sharing it!
Posts 71 - 80 of 131