Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: John,,
have you guys done the "moonlight" bowling also.. where they turn off most of the lights except the ones down by the Pins? I've thrown plenty of gutter balls,, and i think for pretty much the same reason...those dang holes are too small to get your fingers in!!! Why is it that out of 5 holes.. my fingers only really fit in 2,, what the heck! does anyone else have that problem? It's a good thing Bowling is not my sport..and i don't take it too seriously..i guess that's why i enjoy it when i go. Thanks for the Post.
Hi Dave!

We have that "moonlight" bowl, not for the entire night but they do exactly what you describe for a period of a minute or two at a time - maybe once or twice an hour - can't remember exactly now. It's usually just a couple of frames. Then the crystal ball with all the mirrors on it comes on and they shoot colored lasers at it, so it's all just like the disco club back in the 70's. Here out west, establishments are pretty conscious about liability. I can just imagine, walking zombies after a while!

What we enjoy is the lively atmosphere, plenty of people we know. Even the people that are next to us that we don't know will give us high fives for a spare or a strike, and we to them; and once in a while just break out in disco dance. We bowl until the arms are tired. Here it starts about 10pm and we always are there until midnight, sometimes 1pm to close down the place.

My kids love it, especially the young ones. They get to stay up well past their usual bedtime :)
Sep 2nd 2013 new
This really made me rethink on how I spend my weekends. I'm such a homebody. I work M-F. And during weekends, I just do stuff with my family. May it be yard work, or BBQ, or the park or movies. But it's always just with my family. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it made me rethink about my social life. :( I don't have one.
Sep 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Thess-624577 said: This really made me rethink on how I spend my weekends. I'm such a homebody. I work M-F. And during weekends, I just do stuff with my family. May it be yard work, or BBQ, or the park or movies. But it's always just with my family. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it made me rethink about my social life. :( I don't have one.
Thess.. thanks for sharing... and probably nothing wrong with doing things with your family, it builds tighter bonds. My cousins (5 of them) do about 80% of stuff with each other socially,, yes they have friends..but actually their friends have become more integrated with their family.
Anyway.. I just thought it would be fun to think about how we spend our weekends and how often are we venturing out into something new or out of our circle of comfort? biggrin scratchchin
Sep 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Thess.. thanks for sharing... and probably nothing wrong with doing things with your family, it builds tighter bonds. My cousins (5 of them) do about 80% of stuff with each other socially,, yes they have friends..but actually their friends have become more integrated with their family.
Anyway.. I just thought it would be fun to think about how we spend our weekends and how often are we venturing out into something new or out of our circle of comfort?
Indeed, it's fun to think about how we spend about our weekends. What I appreciate so much about the forums here is the opportunity that it gives for us to reflect about our day to day actions as it applies to normal people like us.

So thank you Dave, for starting this thread. :-) I love it! :-)
Sep 3rd 2013 new
Thess,

I can relate to you. My work schedule (retail, need I say more) is all over the place so I very rarely have an entire weekend off and when I do I'm usually with my kids. I love spending time with them but realize I need to have things that are for me as well. I've thought a lot about my lack of a social life and plan on making a change to that. crossfingers
Sep 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: John,,
have you guys done the "moonlight" bowling also.. where they turn off most of the lights except the ones down by the Pins? I've thrown plenty of gutter balls,, and i think for pretty much the same reason...those dang holes are too small to get your fingers in!!! Why is it that out of 5 holes.. my fingers only really fit in 2,, what the heck! does anyone else have that problem? It's a good thing Bowling is not my sport..and i don't take it too seriously..i guess that's why i enjoy it when i go. Thanks for the Post.
Dave,
Yes, I have the same problem. I was blessed with my father's hands, so needless to say they aren't dainty. I usually end up with a 15+ pound ball because my fingers won't fit in to anything else. It's hard to take it seriously when I can barely lift my arm at the end of the night. rolling eyes laughing laughing laughing laughing
Sep 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: It's Friday!! Happy weekend!!
Since I have kids, and three still living at home with me, I am pretty busy!
Tonight is the high school home first football game so I go to watch my daughter, niece, nephew and friends' kids march and play in the band or even play in the game,lol.
Saturday is the first cross country invitational, so I'll go with my younger kids to cheer my senior daughter running and the rest of the team too.
Saturday evening I'll be EMHC at Mass and sit and serve with a few of my friends.
Sunday I'll go to Mass with my girls and hopefully go kayaking in the river with them,some extended family,and some friends.
I'll hopefully swim my mile too each day and get a nice long walk in at least once, maybe with a friend, and if the weather is nice go on my friend's motorcycle to the beach on Presque Isle Monday.
I try to get all housework and laundry done during the week so the weekends are free for fun!
There's No rest for busy Mom's with 4 daughters.. wink I don't know how you Single Moms keep up with everything rose .. i only have a Dog.. and i feel like i never have enough time! boggled
Sep 4th 2013 new
(quote) Dana-782979 said: Thess,

I can relate to you. My work schedule (retail, need I say more) is all over the place so I very rarely have an entire weekend off and when I do I'm usually with my kids. I love spending time with them but realize I need to have things that are for me as well. I've thought a lot about my lack of a social life and plan on making a change to that.
I think it's important to have some "me" time. :-)
Posts 51 - 58 of 58