Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 26th 2013 new
As I was leaving a hotel where a Nursing Association was having a conference, Henry Kissinger was arriving. I was shocked that I actually found my voice and said,"Welcome to Metro-Detroit, Dr. Kissinger!" We exchanged a couple of pleasant words and I left while he entered the hotel. The next morning, as we were setting up for our NANN conference, he & his party came walking along the walkway past our meeting room area. He caught my eye, and said, "Hello, Christine! Is this your group?" He stepped into our area where vendors and various presentation booths were located, and asked me to tell him about the kind of nurses we were. Only spent maybe 5 minutes, but confirmed to me that he was a great humanitarian ! Now, if I could just spend an afternoon with Jimmy Carter......

Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: As I was leaving a hotel where a Nursing Association was having a conference, Henry Kissinger was arriving. I was shocked that I actually found my voice and said,"Welcome to Metro-Detroit, Dr. Kissinger!" We exchanged a couple of pleasant words and I left while he entered the hotel. The next morning, as we were setting up for our NANN conference, he & his party came walking along the walkway past our meeting room area. He caught my eye, and said, "Hello, Christine! Is this your group?" He stepped into our area where vendors and various presentation booths were located, and asked me to tell him about the kind of nurses we were. Only spent maybe 5 minutes, but confirmed to me that he was a great humanitarian ! Now, if I could just spend an afternoon with Jimmy Carter......

That is really cool! Didn't strike me as the affable type but I guess he was indeed~ Thanks for posting this Christine!
Aug 26th 2013 new
Actor Robert Wagner was once here doing some promotional work. I was asked if I wanted to come meet him by my older sister who had already met him. She was "awestruck"! LOL! I called him "R.J." which is what I KNEW he went by. He immediately turned to me and smiled. He wasn't quite the "Hart to Hart" character I remembered but you could tell it was him. I should give him a break here though...because he WAS in his early 70's.
Aug 26th 2013 new
I had the pleasure of spending an evening with Brit Saberhagen, the winning pitcher of tbe 1985 World Series the evening after they won the title. Every year after the season came to a close the KC Royals would head to Wichita to play in a charity golf tournament Rainbows. That year I was pregnant with my oldest and I really did not want to go to the reception. Brit's wife had just delivered thier first born during the series. He had not been home to meet the little guy. He sat with me all evening as he was exhausted from the series and we talked about babies all night.
George Britt was also there and well he knew his abilities. Willie Wilson and the whole crew were there. A great night and I was glad that I went after all. A night to always remember.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Kelly-1001751 said: I had the pleasure of spending an evening with Brit Saberhagen, the winning pitcher of tbe 1985 World Series the evening after they won the title. Every year after the season came to a close the KC Royals would head to Wichita to play in a charity golf tournament Rainbows. That year I was pregnant with my oldest and I really did not want to go to the reception. Brit's wife had just delivered thier first born during the series. He had not been home to meet the little guy. He sat with me all evening as he was exhausted from the series and we talked about babies all night.
George Britt was also there and well he knew his abilities. Willie Wilson and the whole crew were there. A great night and I was glad that I went after all. A night to always remember.
Thank you so much Kelly and welcome to the forums!
Aug 27th 2013 new
I have met actress Cheryl Ladd who stopped a recording session to meet me! She is a friend of my brother/partner
Aug 27th 2013 new
In 1994, while taking my friend's fussy baby to the back in the narthex of the church, I was shocked and pleased to see Joe Dumars walking around the back as well calming his baby. I remember saying something like, "Now my son is never going to believe me! " He just replied something to the effect that if my son was there he would. And then we each just continued to pat the babies and listen to Mass. Being Detroit Piston fans, we were used to seeing players in various places, not expected at 9:30 Mass though..
Aug 27th 2013 new
Years ago, Boxer Riddick Bowe came into my place of work when I was working in Coney Island. I think he grew up or had relatives in the housing projects down there. He was nice, took pictures with people, signed autographs.I got a picture with him. He was a big, tall guy! I felt bad for him, it sounded like he slurred a bit when he spoke. Boxing is such a rough sport.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Years ago, Boxer Riddick Bowe came into my place of work when I was working in Coney Island. I think he grew up or had relatives in the housing projects down there. He was nice, took pictures with people, signed autographs.I got a picture with him. He was a big, tall guy! I felt bad for him, it sounded like he slurred a bit when he spoke. Boxing is such a rough sport.
It certainly is Julie. Evander Holyfield is the same way. Great you met him though. I thought Bowe was THE BEST at one time. He just had a lot of problems getting down to his fighting weight. Or, it could have been he just didn't want to train enough~
Aug 27th 2013 new
I was once with my parents at a Church in Dallas. (not their usual parish) We were going to confession. As we waited in line....actor Clarence Gilyard (of Walker Texas Ranger fame) was coming out. He smiled at all three of us. I had heard he was a convert to the Catholic Faith. Gilyard also played the "geek bad guy" in Die Hard with Bruce Willis~
Posts 11 - 20 of 137