Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Good memory, Jerry!

The original name of the group was The Big Thing, which they changed to Chicago Transit Authority before the release of their first album, which bore the same name. They shortened the name of the band to Chicago before the second album (officially Chicago, but also known as Chicago II because the following album was Chicago III) because the city of Chicago Transit Authority threatened legal action over the name.

amazing first album
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: exc when letting women beaters/abusers stay on the team..because winning is everything
You talking about Osborn Tom?
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: You talking about Osborn Tom?
No. RB Lawrence Phillips brutally beat his girlfriend that year on campus. After a brief suspension Osborn put him back on the team and played him.
Sickening.
Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: No. RB Lawrence Phillips brutally beat his girlfriend that year on campus. After a brief suspension Osborn put him back on the team and played him.
Sickening.
Agreed. Terrible....when players can literally get away with murder too.
Sep 26th 2013 new
My memory must be fading with age. I was talking to someone the other day....and we were recalling the days when "Dinner Theaters" were prevalent. (except in a few cities....like I know Indianapolis has something similar they aren't around here much anymore (Dallas area)
I remembered going to a play at one with a friend in the early 70's and got to see and meet one of my old "crushes"; Dawn Wells....whom many of you will remember as "Mary Ann" on Gilligan's Island (very nice lady.....and....nice looking!)
Dec 11th 2013 new
Billy Mumy and Angela Cartwight at a Lost In Space show.(Billy still gets the needle about the Twilight Zone episode when he played the little kid who could destroy people he didn't like(.Hed send them out to the cornfield)
Dec 11th 2013 new
I met Trevor Linden
Dec 11th 2013 new
I met Gary Hart in Boulder, CO when he was running for his first term in the Senate. Very likable guy, but I don't think I voted for him. laughing I also met Richard Lamm, who was the Governor of CO for 12 years. They were looking for votes.
A few years later, after I had moved back to NJ, I met then Philly Mayor Wilson Goode. The wife of owner of the company I was then working for was his secretary. I don't think he was looking for votes in NJ. laughing He's remembered, at least to me, as the man who forever changed the Philly skyline by allowing buildings to be higher than Billy Penn's hat (there is a statue of William Penn, founder of Philadelphia, on top of City Hall).
Dec 11th 2013 new
You just "shook" my memory again Allen. My brother/partner and I are good friends with Dick Vermeil....who coached the Philedelphia Eagles and then went on to win a Super Bowl with the Rams. Very nice guy....do anything for you as a friend He and his whole team autographed a football given to my brother. We both have one from Pat Summerall.
Dec 11th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: You just "shook" my memory again Allen. My brother/partner and I are good friends with Dick Vermeil....who coached the Philedelphia Eagles and then went on to win a Super Bowl with the Rams. Very nice guy....do anything for you as a friend He and his whole team autographed a football given to my brother. We both have one from Pat Summerall.
I also kinda met Mike Quick (Philly WR while Vermeil was coach). He was grocery shopping so I didn't bother him.

Posts 121 - 130 of 137