Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 11th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: I also kinda met Mike Quick (Philly WR while Vermeil was coach). He was grocery shopping so I didn't bother him.

Mike Quick a celebrity??? now thats pushing it Allen;)
Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: Mike Quick a celebrity??? now thats pushing it Allen;)
He's a celebrity in Philly.
Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: He's a celebrity in Philly.
Of course he is! I remember him "beating up" on the Cowboys many times with his catches and speed. I was in the same parish as Mike Ditka....and met him one time
Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: He's a celebrity in Philly.
i remember him(Quick) he was a very good player.--and that pudgy polish kid from my hometown was a pretty good QB in Philly...But even in Buffalo he is hardly a celebrity
Dec 13th 2013 new
Jaws is also well thought of in Philly and he too makes his home in South Jersey.
Dec 13th 2013 new
When I was bellhop at the large Dallas Hotel....I met Colonel Harland Sanders (KFC king) The hotel was described as a "Motor Hotel" so the rooms were sectioned to the main building and about 4 other independent sections. So "rooming a guest" required shuttling them around on a golf cart. "The Colonel" and I were driving out to one of the other buildings. It was customary to open a room first and then let them in. As was sometimes the case...some guests were given "extended checkouts" (for whatever reason the couple in this particular room were STILL there...and the there was a mix-up at the front desk) It was a good thing I always cracked the door first....mostly to see if the room was ready. (the old Colonel had ambled along behind me) I saw just enough (so to speak) that I said "Sorry...wrong room" as the guy said, "HEY!" As I closed the door the Colonel said..."Something wrong young man?" I just said....yes sir Colonel...this room is not ready...besides we'll get you a better one." So I drove him back to the lobby and we indeed roomed him in a suite in the main building. When I explained the whole thing to the Hotel Manager he had two apologies to make. One to the Colonel...and the other to the couple...who had inquired what the commotion was about. I did get autographs for them and myself. Course the guy said, "Did HE SEE anything?" I promptly said no...and apologized. He laughed and they were okay with it then. Wow! LOL! Almost roomed Colonel Sanders in an occupied room! OOPS!
Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: When I was bellhop at the large Dallas Hotel....I met Colonel Harland Sanders (KFC king) The hotel was described as a "Motor Hotel" so the rooms were sectioned to the main building and about 4 other independent sections. So "rooming a guest" required shuttling them around on a golf cart. "The Colonel" and I were driving out to one of the other buildings. It was customary to open a room first and then let them in. As was sometimes the case...some guests were given "extended checkouts" (for whatever reason the couple in this particular room were STILL there...and the there was a mix-up at the front desk) It was a good thing I always cracked the door first....mostly to see if the room was ready. (the old Colonel had ambled along behind me) I saw just enough (so to speak) that I said "Sorry...wrong room" as the guy said, "HEY!" As I closed the door the Colonel said..."Something wrong young man?" I just said....yes sir Colonel...this room is not ready...besides we'll get you a better one." So I drove him back to the lobby and we indeed roomed him in a suite in the main building. When I explained the whole thing to the Hotel Manager he had two apologies to make. One to the Colonel...and the other to the couple...who had inquired what the commotion was about. I did get autographs for them and myself. Course the guy said, "Did HE SEE anything?" I promptly said no...and apologized. He laughed and they were okay with it then. Wow! LOL! Almost roomed Colonel Sanders in an occupied room! OOPS!
now THAT is a celebrity;)!!! great story
Posts 131 - 137 of 137