Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Wow Zoom! Great you had the photo ops too!
I'll have to find it....but once had my photo taken with race car driver Richard Petty
Funny thing about the elevator ride with Mr. Robinson. I'm a short guy, only 4-foot-11, and even lower to the ground because of sitting in my Rolling Along all the time. I got in the elevator, and saw David, and I remember thinking, "Wow, that man is TALL." laughing I'm not sure if I realized it was him until he came and spoke to the conference.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Funny thing about the elevator ride with Mr. Robinson. I'm a short guy, only 4-foot-11, and even lower to the ground because of sitting in my all the time. I got in the elevator, and saw David, and I remember thinking, "Wow, that man is TALL." I'm not sure if I realized it was him until he came and spoke to the conference.
Zoom it's a wonder he wasn't touching the ceiling of the elevator! I think David was over 7ft
Aug 27th 2013 new
Also when I worked at that hotel I was fortunate enough to meet actor Stephen Boyd...who played "Messala" in Ben Hur
Aug 27th 2013 new
It was probably a cool August night in the late 70's. My friends and I knew Mark Fidrych (the bird) a Detroit Tiger pitcher, lived in an apartment building nearby. We didn't exactly meet him we stalked him : ) We waited in the parking lot taking a chance he would come home. He did.
There was three of us .....two got out and got his autograph .....one stayed frozen in the car. He signed the autographs nicely and left with the women he came home with.

A simple man.....Mark Fidrych

youtu.be
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-443016 said: It was probably a cool August night in the late 70's. My friends and I knew Mark Fidrych (the bird) a Detroit Tiger pitcher, lived in an apartment building nearby. We didn't exactly meet him we stalked him : ) We waited in the parking lot taking a chance he would come home. He did.
There was three of us .....two got out and got his autograph .....one stayed frozen in the car. He signed the autographs nicely and left with the women he came home with.

A simple man.....Mark Fidrych

http://youtu.be/w280lFC99SE
Cool Debbie! I always liked "The Bird" And "Simple Man" by L.S. has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for the trip down "memory lane"!
Aug 28th 2013 new
I played mass ,many moons ago in the same section as Alfonso Ribeiro.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: I played mass ,many moons ago in the same section as Alfonso Ribeiro.
Cool Sherrill-ann! Wasn't he in that sit-com with Will Smith?
Aug 28th 2013 new
I once was at a convention here in Big D. When it was over....for those who wanted to stand in line; Ross Perot was there to meet and greet. I met him. It was unremarkable except for the fact that he was smaller than I imagined.....and that voice would drive me up the wall!
I'd much rather have met the guy my nephew saw the other day. He was pumping gas at a station near his home. He always knew Don Henley (of the Eagles) lived in the general area though his home is hidden from view. So he looked up and there beside him was Henley fueling his own car! They exchanged hellos
Aug 28th 2013 new
One of the most memorabe occasions in my life was over 20 years ago. I had won a trip to Las Vegas. Among other events we were invited to attend a "professional driving course" and drive new vehicles around Las Vegas International Speedway. We found out racing great Parnelli Jones was there. Certain individuals (and I was lucky enough to be chosen as one) got to DRIVE with him. I was intimidated at first by the track. I had NO idea tracks "banked" so steeply. So with he in the passenger seat (and he was several years removed from racing by then) I drove us. They had put fat "slicks" on those little Japanese cars. The first time around I was going just 70mph. ( a weird feeling) We stopped and traded places. Mr. Jones (what a great guy he was) was going through those gears like it was no one's business and was joking and teaching at the same time. He demonstrated it was ALL about geometry. I asked how fast we were going. He said, "Well do these cars just do 115mph? Cause I've go it floored"! I said, "I guess so....I bet this feels slow to you" He nodded and smiled. He then pulled over and I drove again...this time taking his advice. I saw we were doing 90-95mph. Anyway, got his autograph (somewhere) and left thinking about the amazing reflexes the man had...and the experience of being around a race track.

Aug 28th 2013 new
About a million different athletes. The Monkees. Met Fidrych at an old-timers' game once. Stan Lee, Lou Ferrigno. Probably some others, but going off the top of my head.
Posts 21 - 30 of 137