Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 29th 2013 new
I am going back a good few years when 'Dallas' was the most viewed programme in the UK. My office held their annual christmas dinner & dance at the Dorchester hotel and at the end of the evening whilst we were waiting for our transport to turn up I noticed that Howard Keel was sitting in the reception lounge with a few friends. I don't know where i got the courage from but I could not help myself and excused myself to him and his party to ask for his autograph. Needless to say he was the perfect gentleman and stood up to give me his autograph. Looking back now I should never have done that but I got to talk to him and shake his hand! I also had the opportunity to talk to Michael Flately - (Riverdance) as he was walking down the road where I lived. He knew I recognised him and was very polite.

I have met a few others too, including Honor Blackman and Max Bygraves. They are mainly UK TV actors. Almost forgot. I live a few doors away from Ray Winston (when he was a budding actor) - He is now a very famous actor and settled in Hollywood. The elderly neighbours remember him and his family. His children were young at the time.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jacinta-80503 said: I am going back a good few years when 'Dallas' was the most viewed programme in the UK. My office held their annual christmas dinner & dance at the Dorchester hotel and at the end of the evening whilst we were waiting for our transport to turn up I noticed that Howard Keel was sitting in the reception lounge with a few friends. I don't know where i got the courage from but I could not help myself and excused myself to him and his party to ask for his autograph. Needless to say he was the perfect gentleman and stood up to give me his autograph. Looking back now I should never have done that but I got to talk to him and shake his hand! I also had the opportunity to talk to Michael Flately - (Riverdance) as he was walking down the road where I lived. He knew I recognised him and was very polite.

I have met a few others too, including Honor Blackman and Max Bygraves. They are mainly UK TV actors. Almost forgot. I live a few doors away from Ray Winston (when he was a budding actor) - He is now a very famous actor and settled in Hollywood. The elderly neighbours remember him and his family. His children were young at the time.
So cool. I have not met any of the cast from Dallas...but have been to SouthFork many times. Although I have a friend who had met both Larry Hagman and Linda Gray. (and he had nothing but good to say about both!)
But wow! Ray Winston. I think that guy is a great actor. I loved his work in "The Departed" and "Edge of Darkness"
Aug 29th 2013 new
Got an autograph from Michael Dorn (Worf of Star Trek: TNG and DS9).

My brother was a classmate and friend of Harry Crosby, Bing's eldest son from his second marriage.

Depending on how you define "celebrities"...my cousin's son was in a famous lawsuit and made the cover of "Time" some 25-30 years ago.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Got an autograph from Michael Dorn (Worf of Star Trek: TNG and DS9).

My brother was a classmate and friend of Harry Crosby, Bing's eldest son from his second marriage.

Depending on how you define "celebrities"...my cousin's son was in a famous lawsuit and made the cover of "Time" some 25-30 years ago.
I think that would qualify him Marge!
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: my cousin's son was in a famous lawsuit and made the cover of "Time" some 25-30 years ago.
Was he on the cover because he was famous or infamous?

Aug 29th 2013 new
This involved my oldest. He met and talked to actor Michael Rooker while filming "Saving Jessica Lynch" (Matt was an xtra) Laura Regan (Jessica) had already filmed her part.
If you recall....Michael Rooker has played some "bad guy" roles such as the one in "Sea of Love" and the bad guy driver in "Days of Thunder" He also played in "Tombstone" My son said he was really nice though (as they usually are)
Aug 29th 2013 new
Met the author Derek Tangy in Cornwall, sharing talk and a glass of wine at his cottage-as a teenager I loved reading his stories.We exchanged a couple of letters for awhile.
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Met the author Derek Tangy in Cornwall, sharing talk and a glass of wine at his cottage-as a teenager I loved reading his stories.We exchanged a couple of letters for awhile.
That is really neat Anne. Thanks for sharing this~
Aug 30th 2013 new
I was once in Las Vegas and saw actor Robert Urich. (R.I.P.) They were filming "Vegas" right there on the strip with the red Thunderbird and all. That same trip I was staying at the Sahara Hotel and sat down at a "blackjack" table. Only one other gentleman was present and I told him I would get up if he wanted to play alone. He turned to me and said, "Oh no...go ahead and play it's alright" It was actor Michael Constantine. I thanked him while shaking his hand. Later he would play in "Thinner" and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (I did not ask for an autograph....since we were concentrating on the cards coming out of that multiple deck chute! LOL!)
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: It was actor Michael Constantine. I thanked him while shaking his hand. Later he would play in "Thinner" and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (I did not ask for an autograph....since we were concentrating on the cards coming out of that multiple deck chute! LOL!)
The same Michael Constantine who played the principal, Seymour Kaufmann, in Room 222?

Posts 41 - 50 of 137