Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 26th 2013 new
"Well, a doober just went kerplunk in the tank of my toilet" almost brought to tears laughing so hard in the choice of words :)

My guess is the chain separated from the arm that is supposed to pull it up when you hold the handle down. - This can often be reconnected with somethng such as a paper clip if it is the actual problem. There is not too much in the tank taht can go wrong - so worst case scenario - you would probably pay an hours worth of work to a plumber. May want to consider taking a few pictures of what looks to be broken - bring it into nearest Home Depot/ Lowes - or equivalent home improvement store and show it to an employee as to if they can make a recommendation.

In regards to nice traits I look for - it would take me a while to think about that part - and I know the above fixit advice you are looking for soonish :) So I will end here. smile
Aug 26th 2013 new
1. Sense of humor.

2. Confident and self assured,

3. Gentle and kind,

4. Fun perspective on love and life,

5. Strong.
Aug 26th 2013 new
Devout Catholic, kind, dependable, sincere, good sense of humor and loves dogs. Last but not least, not addicted to alcohol, drugs or gambling.
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: My guess is the chain separated from the arm that is supposed to pull it up when you hold the handle down. - This can often be reconnected with somethng such as a paper clip if it is the actual problem. 
laughing Thank you, Dave! I think you have diagnosed it correctly, though the whole of the plastic arm snapped away from the part that comes through the wall of the tank to the flusher bit so I think this needs something more involved than a paperclip. (I do hope my use of very technical terms hasn't confused you)

I appreciate your prompt reply. That is a very fine quality to have!
Aug 27th 2013 new
HONEST, easygoing, must like hot springs!
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tricia-870838 said: Thank you, Dave! I think you have diagnosed it correctly, though the whole of the plastic arm snapped away from the part that comes through the wall of the tank to the flusher bit so I think this needs something more involved than a paperclip. (I do hope my use of very technical terms hasn't confused you)

I appreciate your prompt reply. That is a very fine quality to have!
maybe you should ask Dave if he makes house calls? smile scratchchin
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-1001468 said: Trish, you and I want the same man!
l: waveSorry Ladies I can't be at two places at once!! laughing laughing laughing
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: Just don't yell. I absolutely cannot stand it when people scream at me. It's not just the usual 'yeah, everybody hates that,' it's practically a phobia. If I messed something up, tell me in a reasonable manner and I'll try to fix it. Yelling just makes me nervous and I freeze up. Some years ago I worked at a retail job, and this one lady was so hostile over a few cents error that I just stood there and couldn't do anything about it.
i'm with Christopher on this one. wide eyedThe parrots yelling from another room because they want to ensure i'm still near is one thing but i go blank and useless if an individual yells at me so it's a waste of time. rolling eyes

How about someone who can fix everything i the parrots or whomever accidently break? mischievous Perhaps someone who can build anything (i guess he'd have to be able to envision whatever i'm convinced can be created). Bookshelves with glass fronts could keep some of the breakables safe even! laughing i'd do it myself but am not necessarily safe around the power tools. sad

It would be cool if he could aim his dirty laundry down the stairs toward the washing machine at least if it's too hard to hit the basket so i can get it all done in time. wink
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Mike-646924 said: l: Sorry Ladies I can't be at two places at once!!
wave wave Your too cute Mike
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Mike-646924 said: l: Sorry Ladies I can't be at two places at once!!
wave wave Your too cute Mike
Posts 21 - 30 of 74