Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Honest
dependable
trustworthy
respectful
lover of God and Our Blessed Mother
*practicing* Catholic who turns to the faith at all times, not just when things get tough
lover of children
hard worker
confident
steady in all aspects of his life
has a sense of humor
lets those in his life *know* they're loved through his actions and words
his actions actually mirror his words
has a solid prayer life (prays the Rosary, for example)

Bernadette,
at a young 26 those are wise attributes to discern in a potential spouse. Keep them close in your head and in your heart and may God bless you with this good man you seek. From a female perspective, it is very perceptive of you to observe how a gentleman interacts with his friends, and more importantly his family and his God. Blessings.
Aug 28th 2013 new
Since I believe that high standards are important for our younger generation (Not that they aren't in the older ones, but our generation is in need of extra help) I won't bore you with a list of all that he needs to be, but the really important ones are...
Catholic (Devout)
A family person (Likes kids, knows how to do the basics)
No abuse (substance or otherwise)
And someone who can take charge without being rude.
Aug 28th 2013 new
Someone I can be myself with. Even be totally vulnerable and maybe even cry with. For a man that's not easy. Always afraid to be seen as weak or unmasculine. Sharing essentials in common is important to me. Having hobbies in common too. But I guess the most important is feeling free to be me and when that is there then I will know it.
Aug 28th 2013 new
Compassion
Aug 28th 2013 new
laughing Pretty clever.

Elegance and urbanity would be the icing on the cake...as would having his own tuxedo.
Aug 28th 2013 new
Kindness and respect for self and others.
Likes the simple things in life.
Aug 28th 2013 new
The qualities I look for IN A MARRIAGE the most are:

fidelity (chaste, trust, honest, loyal, etc.)

communication

sacrifice (puts the other ahead of self)

love

commitment (lifelong)
Aug 28th 2013 new
Roberta,

Thank you so much. My mom always says that the best way to get to know a gent is to see how he acts around his family, his friends, and most importantly, how he treats his own mother (because he'll most likely treat his wife the same way). It's been a bit of a bumpy road, but the saying goes that "this is why it never worked out with anyone else." In my case, because I'm still single, it never worked out with anyone else because Our Lord and Lady our helping me to realize what I'm looking for and what I'm NOT looking for in a relationship.

God bless you in your search as well! hug
Aug 28th 2013 new
Bernadette, your mother is wise... and so are you to look toward her wisdom.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Roberta-1003485 said: Re: Dinner Jacket
Good clip, Jim. That scene not only depicts a woman who speaks her mind, but one who is clever, very perceptive and knows what she likes.
Nothing wrong with smart women

m.youtube.com
Posts 41 - 50 of 74