Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Aug 27th 2013 new
You are probably correct. I know Bellino and Staubach were both Navy men. Yeah, I remember Longley -- didn't know about the fight. Oh well, we shall see what this season brings for these two great teams. I do know that on game day the traffic will be terrible around my neighborhood. I live 4 miles from Fed Ex.
Aug 27th 2013 new
Mary, I have a friend I have lost touch with. Last I heard he got sick and moved back to California. Sorry to say that we jogged together, played cards....did cookouts. But Charlie Evans (his name) was one of those underrated players who played under John McKay at USC. (fullback) He played a year or two with the Giants before finishing his career with the Redskins as the lead blocker for Larry Brown.
Anyway, my point was even though we were friends (and this is long after he played) he didn't like the Cowboys. He said, "It was drilled into me to hate the Cowboys and don't much care for them now!" lol!
Aug 27th 2013 new
The one who REALLY fueled the ongoing rivalry between the two teams was none other than George Allen; whose "future is now" approach led to quite a few Redskin wins. (his propensity for dealing draft players for veterans) He always wanted to MINIMIZE mistakes...and felt veteran players "got this" And his love for "special teams" led to many turnovers and therefore momentum. I can remember many a Cowboy loss when a fumbled opening kickoff started the day bad!
Aug 28th 2013 new
WOW ! You have such great stories. It was always well-known here in DC that Sonny liked to party Whether hungover or sober he played a great game. I was thrilled when Vince Lombardi came to coach the Skins. Little did I know it would only be for one year. Charley Taylor was a great player. I can still hear the announcer, "And it is caught by Charley Taylor."
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: About the game last Sunday night. Just keep one thing in mind young lady.....bragging is a SIN.

highfive hey Tom

I'm not going to brag , I just want to say that although it was the pre season - it gave me "closure" as a 49ers fan to see them win over the Vikings because the memory of our loss to the Vikes last season still haunts me hehehe

Correction: 75-man roster today, 53 this saturday

Can I ask everyone here ...what do you think of the "read option"? I don't like it at all. It's exposing the qb to higher risks of injury, I can't wait until that "trend" is over...

I'm shocked that Colt McCoy is our second string, Tolzien is out. BJ Daniels looks very promising...oh and there's Seneca Wallace ..

Are you all ready for Football Season? I know I am - woohooo!!!

I don't really ":hate" any team...but the Seahawks really bug me hahahaha

Let's-go-9ners! Who's got it better than us? Nooobody!!!! :D

Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said:
hey Tom

I'm not going to brag , I just want to say that although it was the pre season - it gave me "closure" as a 49ers fan to see them win over the Vikings because the memory of our loss to the Vikes last season still haunts me hehehe

Can I ask everyone here ...what do you think of the "read option"? I don't like it at all. It's exposing the qb to higher risks of injury, I can't wait until that "trend" is over...

I'm shocked that Colt McCoy is our second string, Tolzien is out. BJ Daniels looks very promising...oh and there's Seneca Wallace ..

I am ready for football that is for sure. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers should be good this year but it's all in the hands of Josh Freeman. Last year of contract and if he does not produce now he never will... Nfl Sunday ticket right around the corner....yeah!
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-950062 said: Sounds great to me! Can't wait for preseason to end. For us fans I think the games are useless. Go 'Skins, Boo Dallas.
Welcome,Mary! I don't care much for the preseason,either.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Man....even Gerard is nicer to the Cowboys than you Tom Good Luck to your Vikes anyway!
EVEN Gerard? eyepopping laughing ...Just a reminder Jerry;the Cowboys are my second favorite team.

I hope they win their division and make the playoffs.BTW...Vikings at Cowboys November 3.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: The one who REALLY fueled the ongoing rivalry between the two teams was none other than George Allen; whose "future is now" approach led to quite a few Redskin wins. (his propensity for dealing draft players for veterans) He always wanted to MINIMIZE mistakes...and felt veteran players "got this" And his love for "special teams" led to many turnovers and therefore momentum. I can remember many a Cowboy loss when a fumbled opening kickoff started the day bad!
Jerry,

I remember that.He molded some good teams.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said:
hey Tom

Reena,

If you were watching that game,you know that Jim Harbaugh seemed to take advantage, of the replacement referees.
He called AT LEAST one extra timeout and had at least one extra challenge. eyepopping eyepopping boggled boggled

It would have been a real shame,if the Vikings had lost that one!
Posts 11 - 20 of 200