Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: EVEN Gerard? ...Just a reminder Jerry;the Cowboys are my second favorite team.

I hope they win their division and make the playoffs.BTW...Vikings at Cowboys November 3.
hahahahaha!!! Gerard, guess it didn't come out right....but I KNEW you liked them (the Cowboys) and I KNEW you liked them second. I just was ribbing you. But Tom appears to not like them at all!! ha! Oh well, this is a good thread and has been...and yes I do hope you guys (the Vikes) do well this year. By the way, did yall do anything at the QB position?
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: hahahahaha!!! Gerard, guess it didn't come out right....but I KNEW you liked them (the Cowboys) and I KNEW you liked them second. I just was ribbing you. But Tom appears to not like them at all!! ha! Oh well, this is a good thread and has been...and yes I do hope you guys (the Vikes) do well this year. By the way, did yall do anything at the QB position?
The quarterback position is a MAJOR concern.It seems that Leslie Frazier has made it a job for Christian Ponder,to lose.

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: The quarterback position is a MAJOR concern.It seems that Leslie Frazier has made it a job for Christian Ponder,to lose.

Gosh that can't be good this late in the game. Your team's saving grace is you have arguably the best running back in the league. Hopefully Petersen stays healthy~
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: This topic sounds just right to me.......Go Vikes, Boo Dallas!!
Tom,

It is certainly good to have another Viking fan on board.What is your assessment of our quarterback situation?
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Gosh that can't be good this late in the game. Your team's saving grace is you have arguably the best running back in the league. Hopefully Petersen stays healthy~
Yes,but Peterson CAN NOT represent the OVERWHELMING majority of the offense,again.The risk of injury would be tremendous.The Vikings picked up some good receivers in the off season,plus they have a pro bowl tightend.
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) George-80266 said: I am ready for football that is for sure. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers should be good this year but it's all in the hands of Josh Freeman. Last year of contract and if he does not produce now he never will... Nfl Sunday ticket right around the corner....yeah!
George,

It is good to have you back with us.Your Buccaneers have made some impressive moves on defense.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Just watched the Skins beat the Bucs. Skins 4-0 in preseason. We played our 4th string quarterback! Come on regular season so we can see RGIII in action.
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: Reena,

If you were watching that game,you know that Jim Harbaugh seemed to take advantage, of the replacement referees.
He called AT LEAST one extra timeout and had at least one extra challenge.

It would have been a real shame,if the Vikings had lost that one!
You are right - he sure did.

...replacement referees (shudders)...glad we're not going to have that problem this season

...41-6 - I know it's pre season but yay! Blocked punt and TD by Cam Johnson ...great catch by Hawkins, I know BJ Daniels will make the 53-man roster this Saturday

Let's go 9ners!

Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: Yes,but Peterson CAN NOT represent the OVERWHELMING majority of the offense,again.The risk of injury would be tremendous.The Vikings picked up some good receivers in the off season,plus they have a pro bowl tightend.
That's great for those skilled positions....and maybe Petersen can keep the defenses somewhat honest, but you've got to have someone decent enough to "sling em" to those receivers. How is the offensive line? Not getting age on them yet are they?
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: Tom,

It is certainly good to have another Viking fan on board.What is your assessment of our quarterback situation?
It is kind of a mess. This late in the new season that is troubling. I like Ponder, but he still doesn't give me confidence. Cassel is ok, but not great. I liked the third string guy, what I saw of him in the last game. He is the one with the hyphenated last name, he looked pretty good. To make it more confusing, maybe we could trade Webb for Tebow !!!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 200