Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 13th 2013 new
Right now I think of how difficult it would be - children, friends, etc. However, I'm not in love. If I met the right person I believe I could relocate and do it easily.
Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Fran-985937 said: Would you be willing to relocate if you found the right person?
Fran,
this is a Great question in an informal setting... and it's a shame more people have not responded. boggled From all the profiles i have reviewed of people i thought would be a possible match for me, whether that person can relocate has always been a deciding factor if i open communication with them.
Yes, i would consider relocating if that other person had a higher Income than me, but I think the dynamics of relocating, for people more established in a Career, or with school age children, is more difficult than what we would want to believe. scratchchin Praying

Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Right now I think of how difficult it would be - children, friends, etc. However, I'm not in love. If I met the right person I believe I could relocate and do it easily.
Very good response, Karen! I think most of us make the decision about whether we could or couldn't relocate when we are NOT in love. Certain things will not change....elderly parents, etc...no matter whether we are in love or not. But being in love with the right person should open up realistic communications on this topic. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Maybe through open and loving discussions our positions on 'yes, relocate' or 'no, relocate' will change or have alterations added.
Sep 13th 2013 new
I would relocate if I even thought I had found the right person.

(I have no compelling reasons to stay where I am.)
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: I have lived all over the US! There is something wonderful in every corner. And after living from coast to coast and number of places in between, I can easily say, "YES!" I did it before as a military spouse, and would do it again for love! So.... Is it ME, NJ, NC, FL, MI, IL, MO, NE, KS, OK, TX, AZ, NM, CA, OR, WA, just tell me where to send the goods & I will drive the car!
What about MT. You skipped Montana, and we have a lot of room for growth. Actually, I have lived in Florida, Texas, California and Hawaii as a member of the Military. And California and Colorado as a civilian. Maybe it is just native Montanan pride, but I think Montana is the best state in the union in which to live.

Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Fran-985937 said: Would you be willing to relocate if you found the right person?
It could happen over time.It would have to be planned .Two of my children are still studying .We all live together.I would have to relocate with my 'Georgy bundle'
Sep 14th 2013 new
I won't relocate, which limits things a bit. My kids have a pretty good relationship with their dad and see him twice a week for short amounts of time. I believe it would be wrong to separate them from their father.
Sep 14th 2013 new
I have seen what it means to a father to loose contact and share fatherhood with his children in a family environment. Fathers also hurt badly and more often than not do not know what and how to cope with that loss of not being with their children whist growing up. It is important that children spend sufficient time with the parent who is away. Children need both parents. rosary Praying
Sep 14th 2013 new
For the right person sure. But there must be a commitment. I moved once before without a commitment and it did not work out. I had to start of from scratch while trying to heal a broken heart. Thank goodness I have some of the best friends in the world (as well as family) who helped me find my way.

Sep 14th 2013 new
Hi Fran, very good question. Someone actually asked me that recently. The thought still weighs on my mind. Right now my children have 4 more years of high school left. The older ones are having children of their own. We have always been such a close family and I would feel so out of place and very alone even if I was with my husband. Maybe that would change once they are all grown up and out of the house. I don't know. I think I might could manage having two homes, one where he was and one in my hometown where my children live. Just some security that I haven't left them and I will be back. It would be a major sacrifice to move away and leave them. I would not be completely happy without my family near. I have been through a lot in my life and my children and their love is the only security I know. But for the right man, under the right circumstances, I would consider it.
Posts 11 - 20 of 66