Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sep 9th 2013 new
Bridgid,

Im sorry to hear of the suffering your family is experiencing. I have had personal experience with loosing someone very close to me, and watching her suffer a great deal in the last couple months. My approach during this time was to pray for healing or a peaceful death, and my approach in prayer was "let it be done according to Your will". This way I wasn't tell God what to do, and put my trust in Him that His will would be done.
Sep 9th 2013 new
Prayers for you and father.
Sep 9th 2013 new
.....God works on our soul in many ways...

Rom. 8:18 - the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. We thus have hope that any sufferings we or others endure, no matter how difficult, will pale in comparison to the life of eternal bliss that awaits us.

John 12:24 - unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone and bears no fruit. Jesus is teaching that suffering and death are part of every human life, and it is only through suffering and death that we obtain the glory of resurrection.

Rom. 5:2-3 - Paul says that more than rejoicing in our hope, we rejoice in our sufferings which produces endurance, character and hope. Through faith, suffering brings about hope in God and, through endurance, salvation.

I pray for both you and your father... rosary Praying

Sep 9th 2013 new
Matt. 16:24; Mark 8:34 - Jesus said, "if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Jesus wants us to empty ourselves so that God can fill us. When we suffer, we can choose to seek consolation in God and become closer to Jesus.
Posts 31 - 34 of 34