Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-363093 said: ...And welcome to the site! Have fun, post in the Forums often, attend events if you can, and don't take it all too seriously.
I second that entire thought!
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: You'll get out of CM what you put into it. Oh, and don't forget to include The Lord in your search.
as can be said with most anything in Life. Very nice Post Dawn. biggrin Praying
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said:
Whether some declined my chat, or no one even attempt to chat me on my favorite's list..
In case it's a source of confusion, no one knows that they're on your favorites list (unless you tell them), so there is no particular reason to expect that you would ever receive a chat request from them vs anyone else.
Aug 29th 2013 new
HI Rizzavilla.Welcome to CM. wave smile
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-363093 said: Ain't that the truth!

Our lovely Lady Dawn reaches out to EVERYONE! She has the biggest heart I know, an infectious smile and laugh, and REALLY knows how to work this site! Honestly, her advice is golden, she knows what she's talking about. She has met a ton of folks from CM, and understands how to get the most out of this site that one possibly can!

Back to a comment to the OP - don't be discouraged by no responses to your communication attempts. Not everyone can communicate here, only the paying members can read and reply to your messages. Cast your net wide, talk to everyone, and don't limit yourself to talking to only one person until you've actually met them in person and feel they are exactly the kind of person they claim to be. This is still a public social site, and there will be scammers you have to weed out now and then. Brush them off and move on, don't give them another thought.

And welcome to the site! Have fun, post in the Forums often, attend events if you can, and don't take it all too seriously.
embarassedembarassed aww, Mary, you're makin me blush something fierce. hug
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) John-727073 said: Generally, read a profile, find something in common and write the person about it. Then let it go. If the other person is interested, you'll get a reply.
Avoid making the mistake of getting too hung up on one profile or the other. The profiles are here to help us find things in common.
If you haven't done it yet, take the Temperament Test and when you find someone who spins your record, use it to talk about each other's strengths and weaknesses.
Be open to making friends. A LOT of friends. Occasionally, Dawn will send you peppy emails just to make sure you're staying awake. ;)
Above all, have fun and keep praying for God to show you what his will is for your life.
:Wave:Hi John! Battling eyelashes
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said: Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much .. to be honest with you, I've been to dating sites yet being fooled and there are lots of scammers too.. maybe am used with their IM's and other options on how to communicate... Every time i go online here, i lift up everything to God... and let him lead my life and meet my possible match.. thanks again and may God bless you always
See, Rizavilla, you are already ten times ahead of most people if you are giving your search on CM to Christ. I used to begin each log in on CM in prayer in our prayer room. I need to get myself back into that practice. Praying
Aug 29th 2013 new
Thank you, Sir Dave! rose
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: HI Rizzavilla.Welcome to CM.
Hi Bernard,

thanks and may God bless you...
Aug 29th 2013 new
I like all these suggestions about communicating with different people on CM. What topics have people found to be most the engaging? I also like the idea of starting each CM session with prayer and giving it all to Christ. Something that is easier said than done sometimes.;)

Posts 11 - 20 of 32