Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: See, Rizavilla, you are already ten times ahead of most people if you are giving your search on CM to Christ. I used to begin each log in on CM in prayer in our prayer room. I need to get myself back into that practice.
Hehehe... maybe am too serious to find one real. Now, each morning or every time that i log in here, i offer a short prayer to God, thanking him for the responses as well as declined chats... i really feel God's purpose to be honest with you and learn to wait for his own will for me...

Thanks again Dawn... :)
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: Welcome Rizavilla,

It is appropriate for a woman to initiate conversation. You can also chat anyone by going to their profile and clicking on the chat button located below their profile header photo. Some people, however, do not appreciate cold chats so I would recommend writing them first and trying to establish a connection with them. Best of luck to you here.
Oh, and by the way, I'm glad to hear you're not in a hurry to find a match.

Hi Josephine,

thanks, yeah, not in a hurry to find my match, been here for 2 or 3 days.. as love takes time. With all the responses i got here , truly God works , i should learn to wait and entrust to him everything.

God bless you...
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) John-727073 said: Generally, read a profile, find something in common and write the person about it. Then let it go. If the other person is interested, you'll get a reply.
Avoid making the mistake of getting too hung up on one profile or the other. The profiles are here to help us find things in common.
If you haven't done it yet, take the Temperament Test and when you find someone who spins your record, use it to talk about each other's strengths and weaknesses.
Be open to making friends. A LOT of friends. Occasionally, Dawn will send you peppy emails just to make sure you're staying awake. ;)
Above all, have fun and keep praying for God to show you what his will is for your life.

Thanks John... That's what am trying to do now, reading a profile, send emotigram and lots of prayers, discerning God's will. i even include into my prayers those who take time to message me as well as those who declined my attempt to chat, or no message from my inbox... maybe they're preoccupied ... i know that God will answer my prayers on the right time....

God bless you...
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: In case it's a source of confusion, no one knows that they're on your favorites list (unless you tell them), so there is no particular reason to expect that you would ever receive a chat request from them vs anyone else.
Hi Adam,

you were right, some of my favorites list doesn't have an idea that i added them, maybe the reason why i got confuse .. because with the last dating site, before joining CM, i receive notifications when someone sends interest at me or added me as their favorite, here on CM i receive notifications when someone looked at my profile... at least i'll have the chance to add them too and reply to their messages...

Thanks and God bless you
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: Welcome!! Please jump right in. Do what you feel comfortable with. Use all of the features on the site. I have found that those who wait for things to appear in their inbox are dissatisfied. You'll get out of CM what you put into it. Oh, and don't forget to include The Lord in your search. Blessings!
Exactly, Dawn, especially that last part!!! Being a relative new comer to CM, I have nothing bad to say about this site. It's exceeding all my expectations.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Hello everyone! I am new to CM and to any dating site. I have been reading some of the forums but like this one the most because it has reinforced what I was already feeling. I am not in a hurry either and felt a bit confused with how things work. Thank you for explaining things for us new members! I for one appreciate it.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Welcome Bernadette! And congrats on your first post! You will find a great group of people here. If you ever need o connect with someone in another town, check to see of one of us women there. We are squally a good back up and can sometimes even give a bed out for a couple of nights. In any case do come over to the women's discussion room to find out more!
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-1003863 said: Hello everyone! I am new to CM and to any dating site. I have been reading some of the forums but like this one the most because it has reinforced what I was already feeling. I am not in a hurry either and felt a bit confused with how things work. Thank you for explaining things for us new members! I for one appreciate it.
Welcome to the Forums Bernadette AND Rizavilla!
***First Post Alert for Bernadette! wave
...You will both definitely catch someone's attention too, the more you post in forums &/or chat rooms. I rarely do chat rooms, as I don't feel I'm as "speedy" as most of them in their conversations.
...As Dawn, John, & other said, put prayers to our Lord first when starting your search & answering messages. Check out the prayer forums, too as well as women's St. Anne's room.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Hey Christine! You beat me to the punch! I got distracted by my brat cat, "Wildcat" who wanted OUT! =0)
Aug 30th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: Welcome to the Forums Bernadette AND Rizavilla!
***First Post Alert for Bernadette!
...You will both definitely catch someone's attention too, the more you post in forums &/or chat rooms. I rarely do chat rooms, as I don't feel I'm as "speedy" as most of them in their conversations.
...As Dawn, John, & other said, put prayers to our Lord first when starting your search & answering messages. Check out the prayer forums, too as well as women's St. Anne's room.

Thanks Anne! i tried joining Chat rooms here like you not that "speedy: to catch up with their conversations, i just replied "hi" and hello when someone welcomes me into the chat room, hard to butt in.... that's why i end up leaving the room ...

Thanks again & God bless you
Posts 21 - 30 of 32