Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 1st 2013 new
" I don't know how they do things down in Juarez, but here in Idaho, we have a little something called pride." You can take that as a big no as far as the Gem State is concerned. You get bonus points for naming the movie reference.
Sep 1st 2013 new
Not dead yet, but he's hurting! MEDIC! Actually, getting scolded for opening doors & pulling out chairs ("I can do that myself, you know.") has made me more stubborn about doing it. So as long as I remain bullheaded, it's still around. :-)
Sep 1st 2013 new
It is here too, in the great state of Texas.
Sep 1st 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-502290 said: Sure is, but it only works if a woman can appreciate it when she sees it.
I agree with you on that one
Sep 2nd 2013 new
Chivalry is not dead! I for one try to uphold it as best I can, but a woman needs to see it. I have been brought up the right way and I will not let Chivalry die while I am still around.
Sep 2nd 2013 new
No chivalry is not dead, it all depends on how parents raised their children, I try to be chivalrous towards women weather young or old, weather or not they've been nice or mean towards me and my friends and family
Sep 2nd 2013 new
roseI don't understand those women that don't appreciate it? I love it! rose
My father raised my brothers to make sure the women are treated like ladies whomever they are.
They still walk on the outside of the sidewalk as the ladies are on the inside, they hold doors, and protect us in every way can. It is lovely! Thanks to all the gentlemen! rose heart hug
Sep 2nd 2013 new
rose Looking for a good man that believes in chivalry? rose
Sep 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I had a Chivalry once, but I prefer a Ford.

My life was made miserable with one of those things. I nearly died a million times in Raleigh because it always stopped on me.

Oh, chivalry. I like it when a man opens the door for me, but I also hope that he respects me in general. My concern about that part of culture is that some of these men might decide that some women don't deserve respect at all because they're different. I love it when a man opens the door for me, but I fear he's the type that will turn on me if he sees something he doesn't like because he is part of a more old fashioned culture. I hope that made sense, but it probably didn't.
Sep 3rd 2013 new
Chivalry is a secular ideal that just happens to be very old. Do any of you want the secular ideals of today to be passed down to posterity? Right, thought not. Power hungry knights waging illegitimate wars and keeping hordes of concubines - yep, seems exactly the place to look for trustworthy traditions fit to survive through the millennia.

Sure, chivalry has been around since times medieval, and many things from that era are great: Thomas Aquinas, Chartres, Notre Dame. Others ain't so great: the black death, the Albigensian heresy, large numbers of occupants of the See of Peter.

Here's hoping the secular ideals of today will have long died off by 1,000 years from now. It's high time that day arrived for their chivalric progenitor.

BTW, I still open doors for women, offer them my jacket, make the best show I can of pulling out their chairs; heck, I've even been known to stand up when a woman comes to or leaves the table. But throw some stones anyway, this thread was too monotonous :)
Posts 11 - 20 of 53