Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-363093 said: I can confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt!
We Hoosier ladies are treated VERY well by the men around us! (Thank you, Dennis and others......)

To ANY man who shows any lady the courtesy and respect of chivalry - on behalf of that lady - I THANK YOU wholeheartedly! Do NOT let a few unappreciative women ruin the goodness of what you do - YOU are the ones behaving well! Keep doing it!
Thank you Mary!
Sep 5th 2013 new
Jerry, I hear that chivalry is big in Texas...
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Dennis-754668 said: Jerry, I hear that chivalry is big in Texas...
Yessir.....it tis!
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Melanie With prayers on your side, I hope you will meet a kind, empathetic young man who will put those fears to rest. A good man will put you second in his life (second to God that is) and put your happiness first. Any man who turns on you and doesn't accept you for who you are, is not worth a moment more of your time.

Blessings
Thank you. I just hope I don't let him pass me by.
Sep 6th 2013 new
Chivalry may be dead , but Chiselry will always be with us.
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: http://www.catholicmatch.com/institute/2013/08/how-to-pursue-a-womans-heart/
No way
Sep 7th 2013 new
Most certainly not. I wrote a book, several years ago, entitled, "Passing Thoughts...to Ponder & A Tribute to Women and Romance". Among other things, it discusses how we must encourage a "new age" of "old-fashioned" romance and chivalry.
Sep 7th 2013 new
Definitely not!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Ok, this should be better...
br>Back in the medieval period, chivalry was a code observed by Knights that determined their behavior, both in and out of battle.
The code of chivalry was founded upon the ideals of courage, honor, and loyalty.
Hundreds of years later, the term is now used to describe behavior that is often times superficially courteous.
Chivalry should not be thought in terms of being polite; instead, if you want to know how to act chivalrous, then the fundamental rule is to treat people--not just women--with respect and dignity.
I just had a light bulb moment:
theheart
Army's core values and they go to battle: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. You get a Gold Star!

Also Praying canonization on Servant of God Fr. Vincent R. Capodanno theheart rosary rose rose rose

Witness chivalry where men open doors for their wives, walk on the side of the street, give their jacket for their love one... etc... heart rose :rose: :rose: they have a heart of gold :goldstar: they maybe a minority or few but so precious... :hug: :goldstar: :heart:
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: I just had a light bulb moment:

Army's core values and they go to battle: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.
The reason that you required a "light bulb moment" is that today it is not exemplified by most Army men. But yes, they want us to believe that they are all thought that. Unfortunately, their instructors use vulgarities to bark commands at the inductees early on, thus the servicemen and women are jaded early.

There is a Marines promo commercial that plays on and compares a Marine to a Knight of old...
Posts 31 - 40 of 53