Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Rachel............I concur. 1 marriage and a long relationship later, here I stand. Really praying that next time is forever. Just like I imagined it the first time.
I agree Johnny. We all wish the same in our relationships, that it will be forever. Hoping and praying my next will be just that.
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I often wonder the same things. I frequently compare it to sitting on the bench with a .400 batting average while the manager sends .150 hitters to the plate to strike out, pop up, and ground out. Or if I were a pitcher, I'd be on the bench with a 0.75 ERA while he let pitchers with 8.0+ ERA's serve walks, triples, and home runs. When I ask the manager for what he is saving me, all I hear is silence.
Now that is an awesome analogy! Thanks Andrew. That's exactly how I feel.

clap clap clap
Sep 5th 2013 new
I am single because I believe in the Church's teachings on marriage so I'm looking to meet someone who also views marriage in the same way so we can raise a family for God. Or at least someone who has high regards for marriage and is willing to respect my faith and beliefs. If I wanted to marry just for the sake of it, then I'd have married about 10times, LOL in this lifetime alone. All I'm trying to say is; I constantly meet guys who seem to be crazy about me and would want me to be their wife instantly, but unfortunately, we always seem to be from different planets as I swallow the Church's teachings hook, line and sinker and strive to live it from the depth of my heart while they are just passive Christians who think I am insane for living my faith. The one time I met a Catholic whom I consider to be kind, honest, down-to-earth, mature and above all, striving to live the faith with wholeheartedly, he did not seem to like me enough. So I do not necessarily wonder why I am single as a lot of people do the wondering for me. Instead, I wonder why I can't meet and connect with someone that I can interact with on many levels.
Sep 5th 2013 new
Obinanuju......never thought of it that way. But, true... :-)
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Obinanuju......never thought of it that way. But, true... :-)
Thanks Johnny. smile

Uju.
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Obianuju-794337 said: I am single because I believe in the Church's teachings on marriage so I'm looking to meet someone who also views marriage in the same way so we can raise a family for God. Or at least someone who has high regards for marriage and is willing to respect my faith and beliefs. If I wanted to marry just for the sake of it, then I'd have married about 10times, LOL in this lifetime alone. All I'm trying to say is; I constantly meet guys who seem to be crazy about me and would want me to be their wife instantly, but unfortunately, we always seem to be from different planets as I swallow the Church's teachings hook, line and sinker and strive to live it from the depth of my heart while they are just passive Christians who think I am insane for living my faith. The one time I met a Catholic whom I consider to be kind, honest, down-to-earth, mature and above all, striving to live the faith with wholeheartedly, he did not seem to like me enough. So I do not necessarily wonder why I am single as a lot of people do the wondering for me. Instead, I wonder why I can't meet and connect with someone that I can interact with on many levels.
I saw this on someone page on Facebook and shared. Although it is funny, but it is also very true.

"A wedding ring is the smallest handcuff ever. So think deep. Choose your prison mate carefully and sentence yourself wisely, to avoid prison break"

Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Obianuju-794337 said: I saw this on someone page on Facebook and shared. Although it is funny, but it is also very true.

"A wedding ring is the smallest handcuff ever. So think deep. Choose your prison mate carefully and sentence yourself wisely, to avoid prison break"

laughing laughing haha, very funny, thanks for sharing. although i'm not sure this is how God would want us to view marriage, it is a very humorous analogy if from no other perspective than from a secular one...

Sep 5th 2013 new
You're welcome. :-)
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Obianuju-794337 said:

This is so true. Living alone can be hard but not as hard as being lonely while you are married. The words I quoted are the best I have seen describing where I'm at.
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: We all wonder. I've just accepted that if it's not in God's will, I'll keep on living and enjoying life. It's will not be easy but doable.

I agree with you 100%. The last thing I want is to marry the wrong guy who is not part of God's plan and be miserable. When I think of the guys I could have married in the past.....I thank God everyday that he opened my eyes.

Like you said, it's not easy, but doable. In addition, I feel it's our own responsibility to enjoy our lives and fulfill our own dreams. Although I would prefer to chase my dreams with a good man at my side, it's not a spouses responsibility to make me (us all) happy. Those are fairy tale fantasies.

Posts 21 - 30 of 64