Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 5th 2013 new
Anne banned for being down under. hug
Sep 5th 2013 new
Ginger is banned for simply being from Aurora.

Does anyone know the origin of banning threads? I mean, was it based on a real banning?
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-514910 said: Ginger is banned for simply being from Aurora.

Does anyone know the origin of banning threads? I mean, was it based on a real banning?
Kathy banned for not knowing where it all started. I don't either. But as a Catholic I don't think it a mortal sin to ban someone.
Sep 5th 2013 new
But by a mortal sin one can be banned to hell...egads, God help us
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: But by a mortal sin one can be banned to hell...egads, God help us
I wasn't being serious. I would not want to be banned to Hell for all time either. Banned for thinking I was serious!
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-514910 said: Does anyone know the origin of banning threads? I mean, was it based on a real banning?
Zoom started them on CM based on something he saw in another forum. He He may have mentioned exactly where he got the idea when he started the first one, but that was quite some time ago, so it may be difficult to locate the topic now.

I don't know if he reads all the responses that are posted during the day, so you may want to send him a message if you're interested in more details.

Sep 5th 2013 new
Im not going to ban the moderator,so Ill ban Jim instead.
Sep 5th 2013 new
Brian banned for suggesting a moderator might be unbannable
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Zoom started them on CM based on something he saw in another forum. He He may have mentioned exactly where he got the idea when he started the first one, but that was quite some time ago, so it may be difficult to locate the topic now.

I don't know if he reads all the responses that are posted during the day, so you may want to send him a message if you're interested in more details.

Here is the original thread, which I started on April 9, 2012:

www.catholicmatch.com

I didn't specify in that post which forums I got the game from. For the curious, the first time I participated in a ban the person above you game was on Steve Ray's message board, forums.catholic-convert.com, in the fall of 2011. One of the other users started it, and she got it from somewhere else.

In fact, if you Google "ban the person above you", you will find the game being played on hundreds, if not thousands, of message forums.

Self-ban for being long winded.

Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Here is the original thread, which I started on April 9, 2012:

http://www.catholicmatch.com/forums/topics/posts.html?topic_id=180657

I didn't specify in that post which forums I got the game from. For the curious, the first time I participated in a ban the person above you game was on Steve Ray's message board, forums.catholic-convert.com, in the fall of 2011. One of the other users started it, and she got it from somewhere else.

In fact, if you Google "ban the person above you", you will find the game being played on hundreds, if not thousands, of message forums.

Self-ban for being long winded.

Thanks Edward!!
Banned for banning yourself before I had a chance to.
Posts 21 - 30 of 200