Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: ....Giving me each day to be a better person and learn from my mistakes,
......my family-even though i sometimes think they're from another Planet,...

..everything already mentioned by others (I guess that's sort of cheating, but they are all REALLY good things to be thankful for!)

..the good humor enjoyed by reading the 'family' comment above - (and understanding it COMPLETELY) rolling eyes laughing

..for the free will to make my own decisions - even including those that ended with me flat on my face - He allowed me that opportunity to grow and learn.

..for the MANY 'do-overs' He gives us every single day -
in our choice of half empty / half full attitudes, our actions and reactions, choice of how we're going to treat people or allow them to treat us, choice of how we spend our time and energy, choice of mood we can embrace at any given moment. While He has a plan for each of us, He still allows us control over much of how our lives unfold - we can alter or change some of the things that are not working out the way we'd hoped - and He supports us in each step along our journey of faith and love. theheart rose

...for the people He's put into my path for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I've been blessed beyond measure! hug
AND for the many chances I get to spend time with those quality people - such as (shameless plug alert wave ) during the upcoming Indy Fall Camp Out Oct 11-13! Check the Event page (under the 'more' tab on your home page) for details and sign up asap, deadline is 9/15!)

Great topic, Jerry! heart The uplifting threads are why I keep coming back into the forums (when I should be doing other things still on my 'to do' list for today!) shhh wink

Sep 7th 2013 new
very nice post Mary.. we are truly blessed to be Catholic. NO other Church has ALL that we have..
biggrin Praying
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Mike-646924 said: I Thank God! For my health!! And also for My Family too & friends!
I thank God for friends like Mike.....whose birthday it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!
Sep 7th 2013 new
I thank God every day for life, living, that His mercies are new every morning, for all that He provides, direction and correction. I thank God that he sent his son Jesus so that all may choose The path of salvation through His ultimate sacrifice of Love.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-363093 said: ..everything already mentioned by others (I guess that's sort of cheating, but they are all REALLY good things to be thankful for!)

..the good humor enjoyed by reading the 'family' comment above - (and understanding it COMPLETELY)

..for the free will to make my own decisions - even including those that ended with me flat on my face - He allowed me that opportunity to grow and learn.

..for the MANY 'do-overs' He gives us every single day -
in our choice of half empty / half full attitudes, our actions and reactions, choice of how we're going to treat people or allow them to treat us, choice of how we spend our time and energy, choice of mood we can embrace at any given moment. While He has a plan for each of us, He still allows us control over much of how our lives unfold - we can alter or change some of the things that are not working out the way we'd hoped - and He supports us in each step along our journey of faith and love.

...for the people He's put into my path for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I've been blessed beyond measure!
AND for the many chances I get to spend time with those quality people - such as (shameless plug alert ) during the upcoming Indy Fall Camp Out Oct 11-13! Check the Event page (under the 'more' tab on your home page) for details and sign up asap, deadline is 9/15!)

Great topic, Jerry! The uplifting threads are why I keep coming back into the forums (when I should be doing other things still on my 'to do' list for today!)

Wonderful post Mary! This reminds me to be thankful to God EVERYDAY for the "free will" has given ALL of us. And with this free will we are given the opportunity to CHOOSE to be happy. And I thank God for all of you... for these profound posts of gratitude. I am amazed at all the Faith-filled people in CM and what they contribute~
Sep 7th 2013 new
Thank God for celebrating Christmas everyday rose rose rose rosary theheart
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: Thank God for celebrating Christmas everyday
Very true Genie! And the best things in life are STILL free! (Thanks for reminding us)
Sep 7th 2013 new
Jerry, the list of things for me to be thankful for is endless...Today I am grateful for the friends who carted me and the hellyons around, and for the means to get the repairs done to my truck... Things can be a little rough, when its in the shop for a few days, gettin to all those places a guy needs to be... Smooth sailin again...
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dennis-754668 said: Jerry, the list of things for me to be thankful for is endless...Today I am grateful for the friends who carted me and the hellyons around, and for the means to get the repairs done to my truck... Things can be a little rough, when its in the shop for a few days, gettin to all those places a guy needs to be... Smooth sailin again...
Thank you Dennis. I am grateful to God for all the friends I have....and can count YOU along with all those Indiana (or should I say Hoosier) friends I have. And if I were up there I'd help ya' with the rides!
Sep 7th 2013 new
Pope Francis to be humble in his example as well as all the priest, permanent deacons, holy men and women theheart rosary rose rose rose
Thank our parents for their sacrifice so that we have many wonderful opportunities. theheart rosary rose rose rose
military to guard our freedom even when we take it for granted :theheart: :rosary: :praying: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Posts 31 - 40 of 107