Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 6th 2013 new
You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!

Excellent Johnny.

This is so true.
Great advice.
Marriage is constant ,lifelong and needs nourishing every step of the way.Keep courting and falling in love,forgiving and moving on ,with the grace of God theheart are things I remembered even from Engagement classes.Yes we need you'll to be there when we vent,cry.

Hope you guys are taking notes. :wink:
Sep 6th 2013 new
Thanks Sherrill-Ann. It was a great discussion in a group of both male and female. :-)
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-975374 said: ... Where's God?

The absolute #1 is to love Jesus Christ with all your heart and soul, and to bring your family to Heaven with you. Everything else will fall into place, as Our Lord promised.

I hate to sound flippant and rude and elitist, but perhaps if he recognized that he wouldn't be divorced and making lists about how to stay married. I mean it's all good stuff but it's meaningless without reference to God, the sacraments and prayer. Love your wife for love of God; strive to be a saint; cultivate the virtues together; pray together. With all that, you'll be ticking every box in the list. And if you don't, at least you'll be virtuous enough to know that on this earth all states of life have their burdens and crosses - and with a good prayer life you'll be able to offer it up. Without it, you'll be in misery wishing your wife/husband ticked all the boxes and divorce will be near. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God" as Our Lord said. Marry someone because you love them enough to want to help them get to Heaven - that's what makes a marriage last. Cute and romantic things are awesome and should be done, but if that's all your marriage is built on you'll run out of steam.

Oh and that last part is a bit crude. Of course, it's true... but no woman should ever speak about that stuff with anybody else, never mind boast about it. It also gives the impression that sex within marriage hinges on how much pleasure you can give each other. You won't believe how many good Catholics fall into the secular trap and start panicking because they aren't immediately finding that sex is like a life-solving wonder-drug. Best leave all this stuff between husband and wife.

Pax

Catholics are made aware that it's three to get married,God ,husband and wife.It's good to get these practical nitty gritty to make it work. wink
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Catholics are made aware that it's three to get married,God ,husband and wife.It's good to get these practical nitty gritty to make it work.
Bingo! :-)
Sep 6th 2013 new
The article posted by the OP was written by Mr. Gerald Rogers, a motivational speaker from SLC, Utah who attended BYU (so I assume he is Mormon, but I could be wrong). He also wrote a similar article for women in regards to "caring" for their man. Both of the articles are well written and very true, however the first thing I noticed (as did other CM members) was the absence of Christ in the relationship. A marriage relationship can "survive" however it will not "thrive" without Christ as the center. Our motivation should not be our spouse, but instead Christ.
Sep 7th 2013 new
I read this on fb last week and loved it. Thank you for sharing with us. It really made me think and pray about a lot.
Sep 7th 2013 new
I'm not surprised that women like this article and men have reservations. There is an all too modern lie that when relationships fail, it is the man's fault. Also, the article reflects a conditional view of love inconsistent with the Gospel.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dana-782979 said: I read this on fb last week and loved it. Thank you for sharing with us. It really made me think and pray about a lot.
Dana.......Thanks. I thought is was a good read and we had a good discussion of what we thought. :-)
Sep 7th 2013 new
Micheal, I loved this because it was a great reminder for both men and women. So much of it works for both genders and not just what men should do. Marriage takes work by both parties and both people play a part in the success or failure. Most importantly, though, is to have God at the center and I wish that would have been addressed.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dana-782979 said: Most importantly, though, is to have God at the center and I wish that would have been addressed.
Dana,

That is correct. When we discussed as a group, a few of us caught the fact that God was not in the center or missing on BOTH of their parts. It was an eye opener for everyone...single, married, and divorced.
Posts 11 - 20 of 40