Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said:  The less engaged you are...how much do you really expect to benefit from something?
Very little in Life is Perfect, and as someone said previously.. "you get what you put into it".
You are so right Dave!
I have no idea if I will meet someone to marry on this site. I can honestly say that I have met some truly wonderful men and women! Talking to folks in the forum, and personal messages exchanged have shown me that my experience on CM is invaluable! I have deepened my faith. The gift of talking to someone who knows and respects my morals and values is incredibly liberating. Our conversations and topics are more focused because we have already laid out a foundational understanding of how we feel on some important relationship areas.
My best advice is to read up the forums, review the articles, and ask questions! Oh, and get comfortable being a little uncomfortably challenged. It is good for the soul!
Sep 6th 2013 new
I have never felt Catholic Match was a waste of my time. Sad to hear you feel that way hug
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Claudia-977635 said: Anyone else out there finding catholicmatch to be a huge disappointment, waste of money, waste of time and confirmation of the lack of suitable matches out there?
I don't know how long you been on this site; But give it time & patience & have Faith!! (hope) too! In the mean timel Have fun in the Forums too! We all wish ya Luck on here! Mike "Peace"!!
Sep 6th 2013 new
Hang in there Claudia. I can understand being discouraged. I have been on CM and AMS on and off for years. It's hard sometimes as I see all my friends married with some of them on their third child. I wonder what God's plan but in the meantime I am focusing on other things and if I meet someone, it will be well worth the wait. I can recommend participating in the chats and forums. You never know - you might meet a friend that develops into something more. I firmly believe too that God sends the right one when you both are ready. I guess God things I'm not ready but I also know there are also things that I need to improve on too (like learning how to cook for starters lol).
Sep 6th 2013 new
Hmmm..no?I'm meeting my man for the first time in two weeks,things look pretty good at this stage biggrin Praying
Sep 6th 2013 new
Good luck Anne!
Sep 6th 2013 new
hug Patience, Claudia....

I well remember about 5 or 6 months after first coming on CM, and feeling like I was being sucked into a Black Hole--"wasting my time/not meeting a mate/throwing away $$". At that time, I was reading some of the Forum posts, but not really actively posting and communicating. Then I extended my subscription, and began taking chances--posting more, initiating threads, sending emotes and comments to others about their profiles (both men and women), and best of all, attending CM events. I've met so many wonderful people here, online and F2F, and been able to share and deepen my own faith. I'm growing in Christ, and the others here are my fertilizer! biggrin wink

Sep 6th 2013 new
Hang in there Claudia - I, too get frustrated with the lack of suitabe matches, the profile views/no responses and the slowness of things happening on this site. However, that being said, there is so much more to this site! I have met several very good friends here and am learning more about being Catholic everyday. There are many people here who will pray with you and for your intentions. There are great people here! Please don't give up. God has a plan for each and everyone of us and something led you here! Just enjoy and things will happen for you! heart hug
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Claudia-977635 said: Anyone else out there finding catholicmatch to be a huge disappointment, waste of money, waste of time and confirmation of the lack of suitable matches out there?
: I don't think Catholicmatch is to blame, but dating in general at this age wink Although I like this site far better than the rest biggrin
Sep 6th 2013 new
God knows best.
It's a good place as any to help us prepare for marriage.Helps us grow in the faith,get insights from the other side of the fence.Develop friendships.Get support and guidance.Just have fun. biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 129