Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 6th 2013 new
Nope; not a waste of money for me. I am thankful for their services, which I sought out. My expectations are being exceeded.

As for it being a waste of time, well that one is totally within our control. Thus, for this, I think we need to look at the fingers pointing back at ourselves.
Sep 6th 2013 new
I know that I don't use CM to the extent that I could. But, the way I see it, I spend money on all sorts of other things I don't really need. At least, staying here keeps the possibility open. Also, if supporting CM as a business/ministry helps someone else find a spouse & build a family, maybe that's worth it too.
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Claudia-977635 said: Anyone else out there finding catholicmatch to be a huge disappointment, waste of money, waste of time and confirmation of the lack of suitable matches out there?
They match me up with people who live far. Maybe they should run ads on the sidebar by United Airlines or Amtrak
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: They match me up with people who live far. Maybe they should run ads on the sidebar by United Airlines or Amtrak
laughing laughing laughing
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Disappointing? Well...in depends on what one was expecting.

I have been disappointed (in the extreme) in my hopes of meeting someone to share the rest of my life with.

But for someone like me with limited social outlets, CM has been a mental lifesaver. I have made friends with half a dozen nice guys and probably 20 nice gals all over the country (and some who are abroad) -- friends I've travelled with and corresponded with and prayed with and laughed with.

CM met needs I didn't know I had.

Maybe original thread should point out why the disappointment. If wanting to get married...odds may be slim on this site, but wanting therapy and friends...odds are great.
Sep 7th 2013 new
Jim & Mike, We need to have Southwest offer special CM Luv Fares! An additional 25% of the lowest fare! That way we can all go meet our matches!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Claudia-977635 said: Anyone else out there finding catholicmatch to be a huge disappointment, waste of money, waste of time and confirmation of the lack of suitable matches out there?
If you have the extra money I don't think it's a waste. I've spent about $90 per hour for dance lessons and have never found a spouse from dancing. I think I have become smarter about other single people, especially middle aged that are dancing. A lot of them are divorced and don't have the values that I have.
Yes, there are a lack of suitable matches in the area where I live related to this website, but I've known others that have met their spouse here; even though they live in the NE US.
If nothing else comes of it, I'm sure that you will be a smarter person for the experience. Some go through 4 years of college on borrowed money and never find the job that they always wanted and worked for.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: Right on, Sista!!

I couldn't disagree with the original post more! CatholicMatch has enriched my life way more than I imagined. I know more is to come, too. It takes work, risk, sacrifice, adventure, prayer, openness, creativity, and optimism.

You do get out of it what you put into it.

And I still believe CM will be instrumental in meeting my future husband.
I agree with you Dawn. Anything worth it takes work and effort. CatholicMatch has enriched my life more than I could have imagined also Dawn. You have to be open, prayerful, hopeful, positive, patient and willing to take a risk. It is easy to say it is not working for me. I agree that you get out of it what you put into it !!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Wow.. what a harsh statement! It's unfortunate someone hasn't found any Value in all the great Forums here from Catchetics & Apologetics, St. Peters sq, E&H,and the support in the Womens forum.

That could be the problem.
I find that CM is not so much a Catholic dating site but rather a tool for religious discussions and debates.
And that isn't the point, really.

Most people joined because they are seeking a romantic partner and marriage yet CM seems to encourage forums and "friendships" more than actual matchmaking.

While I'm all for the camaraderie and prayer requests, I think there should be fewer posts like "Should women go back to wearing veils in church as in pre-Vatican II times?" and more "How can I attract the opposite sex?" forums as well as more matches being delivered to our inboxes. I really think this would be a nifty matchmaking site if management put more emphasis on bringing COUPLES together and less on creating a water cooler debating club.

Having said that, after a very long time on here, I am going on my first CM date this evening. We're meeting at the vigil mass at my church then going out for gluten-free pizza. I'm looking forward to it.

Blessings to us all flower
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: They match me up with people who live far. Maybe they should run ads on the sidebar by United Airlines or Amtrak
that tickles my funnybone also
Posts 31 - 40 of 129