Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Jim & Mike, We need to have Southwest offer special CM Luv Fares! An additional 25% of the lowest fare! That way we can all go meet our matches!
lol......at luv fares.......good one!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said: That could be the problem.
I find that CM is not so much a Catholic dating site but rather a tool for religious discussions and debates.
And that isn't the point, really.

Most people joined because they are seeking a romantic partner and marriage yet CM seems to encourage forums and "friendships" more than actual matchmaking.

While I'm all for the camaraderie and prayer requests, I think there should be fewer posts like "Should women go back to wearing veils in church as in pre-Vatican II times?" and more "How can I attract the opposite sex?" forums as well as more matches being delivered to our inboxes. I really think this would be a nifty matchmaking site if management put more emphasis on bringing COUPLES together and less on creating a water cooler debating club.

Having said that, after a very long time on here, I am going on my first CM date this evening. We're meeting at the vigil mass at my church then going out for gluten-free pizza. I'm looking forward to it.

Blessings to us all
Have a wonderful time tonight Lourdes - sounds like a wonderful first date! heart
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said:  yet CM seems to encourage forums and "friendships" more than actual matchmaking.

Lourdes.. congratulations on your "first" CM date-and i mean that sincerely...but was this the first and only person that contacted you and showed an interest? scratchchin
I would venture to guess the answer is No, but rather you have been selective in who you want to date.. as have I, and i would also imagine the same can be said for a few more CMers. The only reason i encourage the Forums is so that we can get to know each other/people for more than just their Picture and a few words in their profile, but also their personality.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable with you,, but I think its wholly unfair to say there is no matchmaking.
I recently went back and looked under the "Search" tab and clicked on hidden profiles.. it made me wonder how many profiles maybe i had rushed through and not taken enough time to look at similarities rather than differences? The same can be said for a person's "archived messages", and I would almost guarantee that i'm not the only one.

Maybe what one really needs to do... is be a little more introspective, and see if they're giving as much as they're asking to receive. Like i said earlier.. i'm guilty of having preferences also, but i certainly don't blame CM for that,, and i certainly don't blame you for having yours either.
In Christ. smile Praying

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said: Most people joined because they are seeking a romantic partner and marriage yet CM seems to encourage forums and "friendships" more than actual matchmaking.
Lourdes,

I am not trying to be argumentative, but above all, God is the ultimate matchmaker, not CM. Second, CM has some of the most awesome search features one can discern with than any other site I know. That is why I am not on other sites. And CM encourages us to use that feature thoroughly By making data available so readily, it helps us discern against all but that "one" more easily, to better recognize her/him as the case may be, if there be any at all at this time. Just gotta' stay with it!
Sep 7th 2013 new
I recently checked out another dating site. If it taught me anything, it made me appreciate Catholic Match even more.
The site didn't feel "safe" compared to CM. I love the way this site works and the opportunities for finding a good Catholic Man. Needless to say, I am not participating in that other site anymore. I am back here to stay and prayers are offered to everyone here to find their perfect mate! :veryhappy
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Hmmm..no?I'm meeting my man for the first time in two weeks,things look pretty good at this stage
So, Anne... perhaps you can add a little perspective for Claudia (and the rest biggrin) . Did you meet your fellow here? How long ago? What kind of interactions brought you to this enthusiastic point... messages? Phone calls?

Claudia; I too have been profoundly impacted by my participation on CM. One of the Zen teachings is that if you chase a butterfly, it will allude capture, but if you sit quietly in its presence, it will come to rest upon your shoulder. Note too that Zen recognizes that the volitional act of purposeful inaction is itself action. Thus; participate without directly chasing the butterfly; interact, share, read, listen, learn (there is so much and so many here) nourish your Faith among these Faithful... and you may very well be surprised someday when you get the message, "Hey, would you like to meet?"

Peace of Christ to All theheart
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Lourdes,

I am not trying to be argumentative, but above all, God is the ultimate matchmaker, not CM. Second, CM has some of the most awesome search features one can discern with than any other site I know. That is why I am not on other sites. And CM encourages us to use that feature thoroughly By making data available so readily, it helps us discern against all but that "one" more easily, to better recognize her/him as the case may be, if there be any at all at this time. Just gotta' stay with it!
AMEN !!!

For any particular one of us, our future match may not have joined yet ... or we're already communicating with them, and the lightning is as yet un-struck! laughing wink
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: So, Anne... perhaps you can add a little perspective for Claudia (and the rest ) . Did you meet your fellow here? How long ago? What kind of interactions brought you to this enthusiastic point... messages? Phone calls?

Claudia; I too have been profoundly impacted by my participation on CM. One of the Zen teachings is that if you chase a butterfly, it will allude capture, but if you sit quietly in its presence, it will come to rest upon your shoulder. Note too that Zen recognizes that the volitional act of purposeful inaction is itself action. Thus; participate without directly chasing the butterfly; interact, share, read, listen, learn (there is so much and so many here) nourish your Faith among these Faithful... and you may very well be surprised someday when you get the message, "Hey, would you like to meet?"

Peace of Christ to All
Good Post David -
I love the butterly teaching!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said: That could be the problem.
I find that CM is not so much a Catholic dating site but rather a tool for religious discussions and debates.
And that isn't the point, really.

Most people joined because they are seeking a romantic partner and marriage yet CM seems to encourage forums and "friendships" more than actual matchmaking.

i agree... Its about time that CM makes some move/actions about this... less confusion, frustrations and disappointments....
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said: i agree... Its about time that CM makes some move/actions about this... less confusion, frustrations and disappointments....
I do wonder what percentage of members are actually still checking their profile, and how serious they are about the marriage angle vs. fellowship. Not that they're exclusive, but I keep seeing people saying how nobody answers their messages, then there's somebody else saying it. I don't, because I usually just send responses. But what are people doing if they aren't answering these messages? Is it a dormant account? Have they moved on to Ghost Match? Do these shadowy figures send each other messages and not respond?

I know there's a wide variety of solid, legitimate reasons why one would join CM. Still, there is one that stands out as primary, just going by the name of the site. Or at least it seems that way. Maybe management could be more clear about how it's not just a 'dating site,' I don't know.

I don't mind joking around some, but I've gotten kind of burned out on it lately. Like with chat- you have a lot of great folks, but it's mostly a goofaround thing for jokes and such. Which is fine; it looks like a lot of people make good friends there, but it's not necessarily what a newcomer might think it would be. And it's not really my aim. If you run across someone your age or near to you, it's not like you can have a sensible conversation amid the chaos anyhow.

I'm not even trying to complain really; just some things that I've been thinking about. I'm not trying to say 'dis syte suxx!' or 'I hat the memubrs!' or anything.
Posts 41 - 50 of 129