Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 6th 2013 new
Wendy...............HAPPY B-DAY!
Sep 6th 2013 new
Hi Nick,

I usually at least respond with an emoti-whatever-it's-called if she sends me one, and if I get a message, I won't lead her on if I am not interested, but if she asks a question, I will answer it.

This has been one of the biggest frustrations with online dating for me, as I am relatively new to it. I find it hard to get past the fact that a 'no reply' means she's not interested. If I were out in public and engaged a woman in conversation, even if she wasn't interested, she would at least acknowledge my existence, answer a question, say hi back, but then politely say she's not interested. I just feel it's rude to not reply at all to a message, but this is kind of par for the course when communicating online, I guess. At least in person, you have the ability to 'sell yourself' through confidence, personality, and humor, even if you don't have the looks of a George Clooney.

So, I guess my answer would be to reply and maybe tailor your replies to those for whom you don't have much romantic interest into a "sure, we can be friends" response.

Ben
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said:
I personally think it is rude not to respond.

Agreed 100%!!
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Nick-1007340 said: Hi. I'm very new to the site. I have a question and I guess it's geared more to the women. I'm assuming that us guys send more "unsolicited" messages out to the females (not trying to be sexist, that's just my instinct)
I realize that everyone here checks their messages at different frequencies. However, when someone sends a message and you're just not interested, do you politely decline or just ignore the message? Personally, I'd rather get the decline than get ignored but maybe that's not the norm.

Thanks for any input you can offer!
wave First Welcome to the Forums; This subject; is like a (beating) a dead horse; Sorry i had to say it; But yeah some people ignore any messages don't take it personally; some respond; So? Yeah it is what it is; But just enjoy it here; (while ya can) In the forums that is. Not tryin to sound Rude here. Mike "Peace"!!
Sep 6th 2013 new
I too am new to this online dating.Only been here for a week and what an eye opener. I think it is rude not to respond even if you are not interested. It takes a lot of courage just to put yourself out there. Rejection is the hardest thing humans have to deal with let a lone to be rejected by a fellow catholic. I would rather have a thanks but no thanks. To ignore someone is cruel.
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Nick-1007340 said: Hi. I'm very new to the site. I have a question and I guess it's geared more to the women. I'm assuming that us guys send more "unsolicited" messages out to the females (not trying to be sexist, that's just my instinct)
I realize that everyone here checks their messages at different frequencies. However, when someone sends a message and you're just not interested, do you politely decline or just ignore the message? Personally, I'd rather get the decline than get ignored but maybe that's not the norm.

Your instinct would be the correct thing to do.Politely decline..There is also the possibility of developing friendships..
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: You'll find some ladies who aren't interested, won't respond back. Some will. No real rhyme or reason, other than they have their reasons for their choice.

Also, keep in mind that if a woman is not a paying member, she can't read your email or emote, and can't respond back (except for a blank emote) unless she decides to join.
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Sep 6th 2013 new
Good Question! It seems to me that most of us are looking for those friendships that attract our individual attentions.
We send a shout out and get a reply if the interest is mutual. If not Nothing in return. Knowing that there is someone for everyone, but not everyone is for someone,I'm not one to take it personally if I do not get a reply. I've only been signed on since yesterday, this is good insight and encouragement for myself, and hopefully others, to be gracious, appreciative, and outer centered. Lets at least give respect where respect is due.. I mean honestly, would you turn your back on someone in public upon introduction? LOL ignorance makes one look stuck up.. A Smile Back at least would keep the peace. Blessing to all!!
Sep 6th 2013 new

when someone sends a message and you're just not interested, do you politely decline or just ignore the message?

First, welcome to CM... it is your prerogative to reply or not, in my case, am trying to put myself in the shoes of others..who took their time and effort to send messages , birthday greetings, emotigrams and added as favorites... its a compliment on my part .. tried to say "thank you" for messages/emo that i received... it's not a crime to at least reply... it's our way of gratitude too that someone remember us, that they do like our profile..
Sep 6th 2013 new
Nick, I agree with the other womans response (forgot who wrote it sorry). It might be a factor that you are still not free from your previous marriage that may scare women away. Though this is not an excuse to ignore. I believe courtesy of sending an emotigram just to say thank you would be the polite way to decline. We can't force people to do though if they don't want to... there may be reasons or previous experiences why people do things. I suggest don't take it personally.... if you wanna reply to women you're not interested in with an emotigram, im sure qomen would appreciate that. Oh and by the way, non paying members can see emotigrams and can reply with an emotigram as well... they just cannot see the personal message if you wrote one. I know this because I tried out the site as a free member first for a few weeks before I decided to final pay the membership... and I don't regret it.
Posts 11 - 20 of 91