Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Angela.......there are many reasons. Status is one. I think another biggy are the faith beliefs. Many are not all "Yes". The usual one I see are no to contraception and premarital sex. However, it puzzles me to see NO to the Eucharist!!
I wish there was an "unsure" option to answer those questions. We all know what the "correct" answers are but I think many people have doubts, questions, etc. Of all the questions on the profile, I see those as being possibly the most divisive. And, maybe questions like that are best discussed with a person and not turned into a check-box.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: out of state and long distance 
Elizabeth.........this is true. Most contact I get are far away. The locals I make contact don't respond at all. But, I do respond to a message regardless. They are not marriage proposals to me.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:  But to answer your question, I try and be polite and kindly decline. I have gone out of my comfort zone and written a small handful of men to say hello, ect., and have never received a response. Maybe my yes to all 7 questions is too scary for them. As you know, living your faith takes tenacity in todays society and it is a big responsibility to be Catholic and to LIVE it. Sorry if I rambled too much. Great question. God bless you!
Hi Elizabeth. No, you did not ramble too much. :)
I sure hope that your answers "the" questions is not keeping guys from responding. If so, their loss. I answered "no" to a couple but I don't use those as a barometer of who to respond to.

I think it's always polite to respond to sent messages. And, if you decline someone but they keep sending then ignoring those is OK.

Good luck to you!
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) John-727073 said: The Temperament Test is probably one of the best features on here because it teaches each of us to learn how to develop a quality relationship with each other.

Please try to see CM as a place that gives you more tools to make more quality friends and - if the Lord wills it - someone special in your life.

John,, great Post... especially the comment about the Temperaments. The Temperaments not only give us an idea about a persons personality style but it also teaches us they way they like to communicate. And if i were to guess, Communication ranks pretty High up there. If you can't communicate with someone on many levels, it won't matter how good looking you think that person is. eyebrow biggrin
Sep 8th 2013 new
I always reply to any message. I just feel that's the polite thing to do. If I'm not interested I wish them luck in their search.

I do know other girls who don't reply unless they are interested.
Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Nick-1007340 said: And just to clarify - I was not complaining about non-replies. I was just curious about the norm.
Nick, sorry I didn't mean that you were complaining about non replies, I know you're not... I wondered about non replies myself when I was new to dating sites. In time I learned that it's just how some people show that they aren't interested. Personally, I think a simple thanks is appropriate. Sometimes I get a smile via emotigram. If I feel like replying to that smile, I send another message... if the guy doesn't reply anymore after that, then I would know that the smile he sent was just to be polite so i stop messaging. I wouldn't mind though to just get one mesaage or reply and he turns out to be "the one". Good luck and God bless. - Chia :-)
Sep 8th 2013 new
I recently changed my status to friends only because any views I got
were men not practising their faith so I am relaxing in forums only
Sep 8th 2013 new

At this point in my journey, I'm really more interested in forming friendships and learning about myself and the opposite gender than anything else. Once I figured that piece out, it's been so much easier to relax & respond to whatever God sends my way. I always reply to anyone who takes the time and effort to contact me. That takes a certain degree of courage on their part which I wish to acknowledge. I've made some really great friends that way...

Occasionally I will send an emote to someone who looks interesting, or maybe just to comment on something inspiring found in their profiles. Most of the time I get no response, but a few times it's evolved into a rewarding friendships. I appreciate most those who send a polite reply back. I can usually figure out if they want to continue or if that's all it is to be. It's like a simple acknowledgement of two of God's children noticing each other and saying "Hi.... Hope you have a good life! " rose
Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Annette-999345 said: I always reply to any message. I just feel that's the polite thing to do. If I'm not interested I wish them luck in their search.

I do know other girls who don't reply unless they are interested.
I agree with you Annette. I do the same thing you do. I also feel it is the polite thing to do. :)
Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Nick..............I think that most ignore. They just don't want to engage at all. I don't ignore them. I've found out that your "locals" are the one that will mostly NOT respond at all.
Nick's right. . . .sigh . . . .

Ah, well. Life goes on. . . :)

Posts 41 - 50 of 91