Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

We have ads in the top right corner, suggesting we visit mormon.org. Mormonism believes that all church authority died with the apostles and that the gospel wasn't heard again until Joseph Smith Jr. "restored" it. This "restored gospel" is quite a bit different from the one we as Catholics believe. It attempts to portray itself as another Protestant denomination to the unsuspecting. I know advertising is important but do we have to accept advertising from other religions?
Sep 7th 2013 new
Jim.. that's for those that are tired of CM.. laughing laughing laughing Just kidding,, just kidding.. jk. Sorry i really couldn't help that one...just tryin to throw some humor in here.
Okay, the real answer is from one of the Staff of CM, and i will paste the response from another Thread below;
"We use Google Double Click with adsense to serve our ads. We have the strictest filters that google allows. However sometimes ads either get through due to mis-categorization or some other reason beyond our control. When you see an ad that you feel is objectionable simple click on the ad and then copy the URL of the page you land on and send the link via a help ticket. Our customer service staff that submits the base URL to a black list in our google account which prevent any future ads from that domain.

Additionally if you have clicked on a website either intentionally or by accident they likely set a cookie on your browser (all websites use cookies) and now you are receiving re-targeting ads. Clearing your cookies or clearing the specific cookies of certain websites should prevent those ads from being served to you."

So when we send a help ticket, you need to include the copied URL of the page the ad is on.

I think another thing here, maybe not mentioned is that Search engines/browsers also throw out similar ads to those you may have searched for. So if searching for Catholic.. they're just throwing something else in the mix..not knowing that you specifically are only looking for Catholic match.

Anything else that causes a concern,, please don't hesitate to ask. biggrin Praying

Dave

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Jim.. that's for those that are tired of CM.. Just kidding,, just kidding.. jk. Sorry i really couldn't help that one...just tryin to throw some humor in here.
Okay, the real answer is from one of the Staff of CM, and i will paste the response from another Thread below;
"We use Google Double Click with adsense to serve our ads. We have the strictest filters that google allows. However sometimes ads either get through due to mis-categorization or some other reason beyond our control. When you see an ad that you feel is objectionable simple click on the ad and then copy the URL of the page you land on and send the link via a help ticket. Our customer service staff that submits the base URL to a black list in our google account which prevent any future ads from that domain.

Additionally if you have clicked on a website either intentionally or by accident they likely set a cookie on your browser (all websites use cookies) and now you are receiving re-targeting ads. Clearing your cookies or clearing the specific cookies of certain websites should prevent those ads from being served to you."

So when we send a help ticket, you need to include the copied URL of the page the ad is on.

I think another thing here, maybe not mentioned is that Search engines/browsers also throw out similar ads to those you may have searched for. So if searching for Catholic.. they're just throwing something else in the mix..not knowing that you specifically are only looking for Catholic match.

Anything else that causes a concern,, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dave

Gee, could I suggest a few go over there? laughing laughing

So it just slipped on thru? Just thought I should make you aware of that.
Thanks

JIm
Sep 7th 2013 new
Nope..we need all our CMers here. Yeah.. stuff pops up all the time. Best you can do is copy and past the URL of the ad, onto a help ticket and send it in. That way the next time that Ad can get flagged.
Thanks for the watchful eye. biggrin
Sep 7th 2013 new
I run Internet Explorer with scripts disabled, which prevents the ads from displaying. It keeps some other parts of the site from working as well, but I don't care. Apart from that, paid members shouldn't have to look at ads.
Sep 7th 2013 new
I second that...paid members should not have to look at ads.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I second that...paid members should not have to look at ads.
How much more are you willing to pay for your membership to eliminate the ads?

Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: How much more are you willing to pay for your membership to eliminate the ads?

What is fair? Honestly if it's at or under $15 increase on a six-month subscription per paid member to eliminate viewing the ads, I would not find that unreasonable.
Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: How much more are you willing to pay for your membership to eliminate the ads?

Nothing. Which is why I simply go to the advertised site, copy the address, and send it in a help ticket which then informs CM about the inappropriate/undesirable ad.

Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Nothing. Which is why I simply go to the advertised site, copy the address, and send it in a help ticket which then informs CM about the inappropriate/undesirable ad.

Thank you Wendy. Maybe they're waiting to see how many of us are bothered by advertising from Mormon sources.
Posts 1 - 10 of 23