Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 09 new
Great ideas! Thank you!!
check out http://www.leaffilter.com for this product that looks great to me -- it's different and actually should keep out the pine needles, shingles bits, and all maple debris!
It has me dreaming of never cleaning my gutters again!
Sep 09 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Great ideas! Thank you!!
check out www.leaffilter.com for this product that looks great to me -- it's different and actually should keep out the pine needles, shingles bits, and all maple debris!
It has me dreaming of never cleaning my gutters again!
Website quite slick in its presentation

My gut feeling about the product is that over time debris clogs the screens that covers the gutter - thus preventing ANY water from getting in gutter - thus never having a problem of it overflowing - as it never collects anything.
Any filter that will eventually clog period - without replacement or cleaning in my opinion. So you will be stuck with a clogged gutter for different reasons. I realize the guarantee says they will fix it, but that requires they still be in business - which is always questionable. And the nightmare of getting them back out to do it. My guess - you could pay a service company to clean your gutters twice a year for 10 years - and it would STILL cost less than having a gutter guard installed.
Sep 09 new
(quote) Maria-963080 said: Thank you Tim for bringing this subject to the forum. Since I am not good with home repairs, I usually just ask friends for the name of a good handyman to fix whatever is broken.
You are most welcome!!
Sep 09 new
Over the years I have seen everything from gutter helmets to wire mesh. Oak tassels were the nasty at moms house. At mine at present it's pine needles and maple pods. My favorite tool to clean them out is a leaf blower. Granted I climb on the roof and walk the edge. But it's just less messy to me vs water. Seems to me I saw an attachment for a leaf blower that allows you to do this from the ground. Now gas powered ones are nice, but mines just a detachable one from my rigid shop vacuum.
YMMV
Sep 09 new
Trimming limbs. You can get a pole saw that will do this. I have one that extends to 18 feet. If you are comfortable standing on your roof ( not much pitch) you could do them from there assuming the limbs are not too big. Large limbs should be taken off by someone who does this professionally. Being clubbed to death with a falling limb, or a hole in the roof is not worth the savings!
Sep 09 new
Tim, Thanks for starting this thread, it is very helpful. For me, there is nothing so reassuring as having a man in my house who cares for me fixing my house. I'm just saying.... embarassed

Oh, and CM women, Tim is single.
Sep 10 new
Thank you Margo. I just saw a need and went for it. I always enjoyed my DYI honey do list. Especially if tools are involved. Lol
Sep 10 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Thank you Margo. I just saw a need and went for it. I always enjoyed my DYI honey do list. Especially if tools are involved. Lol
It must come with the name! laughing laughing

youtu.be

Sep 10 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: It must come with the name!

http://youtu.be/eZ9Xk0Lln5Y

Bwahahahah. Thanks Jerry!
Sep 10 new
Thanks, too for starting this thread Tim. My problem relates more with having to re-hook up my dvd combo vcr player w/ my stereo & t.v. setup. My brother (who lives about a block away) must be getting tired of the "little sister" favors & so a few months back, the only way he'd even look at my dvd player was if I unhooked it & brought it over to his house. The problem needing urgent attention was a stuck dvd in the player & I needed to return it without Redbox charging me more fees. So, being busy w/ full-time work & part-time school, makes life challenging at figuring this out again. It also means digging up the old instruction books that came w/ the electronics & that can be a "pain" to find, too right?
...anything on Youtube that could help me (if my brother has lost the grace to help his little sister)?
Posts 21 - 30 of 121