Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 11 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: OOOH. Idea for a CM get-together!

Remember how in pioneer days the community would gather for a barn-raising? How about those with household projects post their needs, pick a date, PROVIDE FOOD, and everyone who is handy comes to do the repairs?

Don't all thank me at once.
BRILLIANT!

Sep 12 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: Well Tim, about any possible water damage, I'll 1st go the route of checking w/ my management & see if their maintenance guys can check it out. It's been so dry here lately that hopefully it's dried out any of the previous moisture.
...I will drop you a line by "p.m." if I don't get a better resolution & need a good referral. Thanks Tim!
There are other sources of water problems with a home. For example a leaking sink, a leaking toilet, or pipes in the walls.

As you're probably aware, there are certain kinds of molds that are quite dangerous.

If your allergies persist I would highly recommend having your house checked for various types of mold spores.

Sep 12 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: There are other sources of water problems with a home. For example a leaking sink, a leaking toilet, or pipes in the walls.

As you're probably aware, there are certain kinds of molds that are quite dangerous.

If your allergies persist I would highly recommend having your house checked for various types of mold spores.

Thanks Tim for the suggestions & possible causes of my moisture problems. By the way, I have just recently noticed my toilet is running...if this might be one culprit.

So, what do you do to find out if any "awful & disgusting" mold spores might be hidden behind the walls or coming from my crawlspace, under the house? At my my mom's house, it took the plumber to come by & find the sources of some leaks.

Thanks again Tim for being like "Tim, our Cm tool-guy", hah hah! wink wave
Sep 13 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: Thanks Tim for the suggestions & possible causes of my moisture problems. By the way, I have just recently noticed my toilet is running...if this might be one culprit.

So, what do you do to find out if any "awful & disgusting" mold spores might be hidden behind the walls or coming from my crawlspace, under the house? At my my mom's house, it took the plumber to come by & find the sources of some leaks.

Thanks again Tim for being like "Tim, our Cm tool-guy", hah hah!
Best place to start is probably your local health department. They should know whom to contact. If not call the state health department in Atlanta. There are kits available that are used to collect spores for counting and identification.

You are most welcome. I enjoy helping when I can and I know others here feel the same way.
Sep 15 new
OK Tim and All - Here is my problem...It has rained here in Denver almost every day for almost a week and we still have more to come. The yard is wet and the grass is LONG! I don't think my mower is going to take of cutting the grass - Yes, the wheels are on highest setting. Any ideas or do I call a lawn service?

Blessings,
Ginger
Sep 15 new
(quote) Ginger-1000674 said: OK Tim and All - Here is my problem...It has rained here in Denver almost every day for almost a week and we still have more to come. The yard is wet and the grass is LONG! I don't think my mower is going to take of cutting the grass - Yes, the wheels are on highest setting. Any ideas or do I call a lawn service?

Blessings,
Ginger
Certainly that is an option. Depending on the size of the yard it may be your best one.

However, if you have a small yard you can try this. Keep in mind mowing wet grass is dangerous and hard on the mower.

First pass on the yard push down on the handle ( assuming we are not talking lawn tractor ) and cut slowly with the front wheels off the ground. Don't do this on hills!!!

Several days later you can give it another shave.
Sep 15 new
one year, my dad sent out the teen boys with scythes and sickles!
Sep 15 new
Well, it takes about an hour to mow, normally and one section is on a hill - I could go up hill. Another section has a sway to it - the grass gets real long there. May just put the money out and not worry too much.

Thanks!
Sep 15 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: one year, my dad sent out the teen boys with scythes and sickles!
I remember those - many years ago! Today, if I used such a tool - i would more than likely have an accident! biggrin
Sep 15 new
That's what teen boys are for!! lol
Posts 41 - 50 of 121