Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 12th 2013 new
Interesting thoughts Todd but how many people are willing to wait. What are the chances of being in a relationship leading to marriage since i believe most guys want to sleep with you before marriage
Sep 12th 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
Sep 12th 2013 new
if they choose to leave the relationship be cuz I won't have sex so be it! Lol..my faith God comes first meaning that if they find pleasure to come foremost important then the selfishness in the rest of the relationship will follow, as well. Asta la vista the guy can move on... I have so much fundraising experience for and giving back to the Community for so many years and if GOD means for me to remain single then it his WILL For me to serve him? I have so many friends to keep me busy. Some men recently try that game by rude suggestions talking about sex right off ok see ya! I have a lot of guy friends for years whom are Catholic so I am used to bonding in friendship and never had a problem keeping just friends. Not to say hey did not try o flirt and cross the line and joke around but I usually come back with a joke blasting them about it ..in a un way and believe me it kept them in line.
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Renee-1005754 said: I find it very easy to remain Celibate during a relationship... I focus on the outcome of waiting becuz I want it to last that is more important than the temptation and instant gratification. I do not want to put the possibility of reckoning the successful bliss of a promising relationship of friendship and I believe the friendship keeping that is more important. I also have faith in the Lord and believe in his promise.
A very wise and practical response [not that saying something like the desire to avoid mortal sin wouldn't be a wise response : ) ]. Pre-mature physical intimacy does ruin many relationships.
Sep 12th 2013 new
I noticed in the recent relationship just talking over the phone with so e men were attracted to me over my looks and they humored me when in reality it's not funny but I have to have the humor to put them thru process of
elimination. I mention this because I recently found that I went thru hard times and abandoned by the 2 men when times got tough. seriously quick o want to bed tell them what I went thru and never heard from the again. thank goodness as well just phone conversations. Lord please help us down here on earth lol. boring to me half the men i have talked to in the past nothing between the ears? Thank goodness God gave me intelligence to see thru the quick to bed let them tell on themselves? Lol? do absolutely all men think this way?
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Renee-1005754 said:  do absolutely all men think this way?
Renee.............No they don't. It takes time finding the right person. If one put God first, the rest falls into place. If they don't, then they are definitely thinking of themselves, in my opinion. biggrin
Sep 12th 2013 new
I have been single not dating really in a serious relationship for about since 2009 off and on 2010... So I really chose to remain single for very very bad relationships from someone really deceiving to me while I was Very ill on chemo.. I will just leave it at that. It took me longer to break off relationship because I was ill and lot harder for me to recognize the behavior while i was heavily medicated. i closed that door and just in phone conversations my guy friends I had for years they still remained friends they have been my friends for over 15 years but making new friends whe I wa out West or some men reconnected on FB from home since Zi just moved to Florida UGGGG ....Are more men outside of Our faith really that bad huh? I guess now that I have been in remission for 2 years and 4 months each month and each year goes by my mind body soul so much much wiser look back you knowing that I see here on Catholic Match why I came here people outside of Our Faith...no substance at all. I turned off watching cable just watching Cable refuse to ay watch Crap that may dilute my mind now I recently experienced hearing dirty talk over the phone to men in a row...lol.. Really? do I put an big X on people not Catholic too so much bad things on TV and with our current society falling to such perversion, too I guess is more my point? is my point of sex before marriage to eliminate the ruin of our ociety? And the loss of marriage or reminding marriage statisticallystatistically
Sep 12th 2013 new
Renee..........sorry to hear about your difficulties. I pray you are doing better. Outside of Catholic, I think there are more people that are that way. Both male and female. Being Catholic is a MUST for me. Like many people on CM, I was skeptical in using an on-line site. But, since it was on the back of our Church bulletin, I chose to give it a try.

biggrin
Sep 12th 2013 new
So sorry if u had hard time following my last post my iPad acts goofy sometimes got to take in for repairs lol.
I guess that I am a little shocked to hear some CM people believe pre marital... I just starting a relationship with someone on here really cool both connected to each other we are like magnets joined for same reasons reminded delicate for same reasons, remained single for years, so so much in common I feel that our wait and us meeting on here kind believe already early on a blessing from God. I have been fortunate well traveled and always dreamed to find someone very cultured since I studied at private catholic college world religion, world history, and women and religion, Philosophy . Amazing gods grace in granting my prayers to be sneered possibly so quickly we been facetimng and we just the conversation about ore marital sex so many people it gets ruined that way...though we admit an attraction but we do not all dirty to each lol I am giggling so much at saying in this type of wording because I am a classy lady and feel I found a man that has really great manners and classy he is very! It's why attracts me to man chivalry dead no I think not?! This is what tracts women? Men, need to knw that talking about wanting sex UGG boring to imply week it's over if u don't you will lose me lol
Sep 12th 2013 new
That is great that you've found someone. biggrin

It is a little hard to follow your writing. Need to take that puppy in for repairs. laughing
Posts 11 - 20 of 111