Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 20th 2013 new
(quote) Matthew-998283 said: This is definitely a pressing matter, now more than ever, but not that it never happened before 2013, hearing people talking about having a fling and even songs talking about it is the norm today. When i was at school, all of my past roommates were into this, so it was very interesting seeing that in full light where I lived.
I definitely agree with Matthew. The rate of having casual sex among my peers is truly remarkable. All my roommates in college and many of my friends have and continue to have casual one night stands or are a part of the huge trend in serial monogamy which I believe to be just as bad. As a young catholic male who has followed the church so faithfully, I feel that I am truly isolated and by far the exception in the church, not the rule. This is a big problem and it's only getting worse in my experience. I have had a very hard time meeting a good catholic woman who has followed the church's teachings on chastity, even at my age. The problem is that people understand the church's teachings, but choose to reject them. I find it odd that this site even asks people if they follow certain church teachings. You are either a catholic that follows the catechism, or you aren't if you knowingly reject parts of the faith. Just a few generations ago, if you called yourself catholic, people would know what that meant. Nowadays you have to delve deeper and distinguish between what "type of catholic" a person is, and sadly a good majority call themselves catholic but don't truly practice the faith. This damages the church's reputation and credibility and leads to outsiders generalizing catholics as hypocrites or confusing what the true catechism outlines as a good Christian life. Today the church's biggest threat is the dictatorship of relativism and it is only going to get worse before it gets better. I know I went on a tangent outside of premarital sex, but this issue is just a minor one in the greater scheme of things.
Posts 111 - 111 of 111