Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I am presenting this issue to you my fellow catholicmatch members. I am from the province of Quebec in Canada.

The Quebec government unveiled a framework for state secularim Tuesday that proposes to forbid public employees from wearing ostentatious religious symbols such as large crucifixes, Muslim headscarves, Jewish skull caps and Sikh turbans.

While the ban will only affect workers in the public and para-public sector for now, the government says it hopes the private sector will adopt the same rule. It is disturbing to know that the Quebec government will go ahead and pass this "chart of values" even if there is an uproar in the population.

Here is a list of jobs who will be affected: judge, crown prosecutor, police officer, firefighter, bylaw officer, corrections officer, municipal employee, bureaucrat, doctor, nurse, orderly, hospital administrator, social worker, university professor, college professor, high school teacher, elementary school teacher, daycare educator (both public and subsidized private centres). It is interesting that members of the government (provincial and municipal) will be able to wear religious symbols.

I will be personally affected by this law, because I work in a high school. I have religious symbols in my office: cross and pictures of saints. I also wear a cross. It is not a big one, but still.

So please everybody reading this post, it is important that we pray for this very urgent matter.

Thank you in advance and God bless!

Melissa.
Sep 11 new
Hi Melissa--loved Quebec visited some friends(they have moved since) who i met at a Jesus festival in Va a long time ago---went to a Catholic Mass and it was in French--at least i had an idea of what happen next during Mass(:---------------so sorry about the Charter-----------May the Creator of Life open eyes-- May the Spirit of the Living God guide-and GIfts flow--May each person be able to be who God has made them to be-to be free to express their uniqueness in Glory to God --May Quebec be one--to be held by Our Mother-protected by Saints of Heaven and saints on earth with the Angels of the Living God standing tall surrounding Quebec so the people will know God reins(sp) and the leaders (with God's Grace)will know who they serve- God and his people--------theheart rosary
Sep 11 new
Praying theheart hug Love Quebec Praying theheart hug

holy cats Batman here it starts....it has started some places here in the states, but they are trying to keep it quiet. Praying Praying Praying
Sep 11 new
Praying, praying, praying.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying rosary theheart Praying
Sep 11 new
Praying Praying rosary "Blessed are you who are persecuted for my name's sake, for yours is the kingdom of Heaven."
Sep 11 new
Melissa, I am so sorry to hear this. My grandparents were from Quebec, and I have spent a lot of time there. For the past 20 years I have cried every time I have been there. The secularization of the culture and rejection of the Catholic faith is beyond description. Sunday mass attendees are mostly over 70. I will pray for divine intervention, because that is what it will take to turn this around. Bonne Ste. Anne, priez pour nous.
Sep 12 new
(quote) Melissa-790653 said: I am presenting this issue to you my fellow catholicmatch members. I am from the province of Quebec in Canada.

The Quebec government unveiled a framework for state secularim Tuesday that proposes to forbid public employees from wearing ostentatious religious symbols such as large crucifixes, Muslim headscarves, Jewish skull caps and Sikh turbans.

While the ban will only affect workers in the public and para-public sector for now, the government says it hopes the private sector will adopt the same rule. It is disturbing to know that the Quebec government will go ahead and pass this "chart of values" even if there is an uproar in the population.

Here is a list of jobs who will be affected: judge, crown prosecutor, police officer, firefighter, bylaw officer, corrections officer, municipal employee, bureaucrat, doctor, nurse, orderly, hospital administrator, social worker, university professor, college professor, high school teacher, elementary school teacher, daycare educator (both public and subsidized private centres). It is interesting that members of the government (provincial and municipal) will be able to wear religious symbols.

I will be personally affected by this law, because I work in a high school. I have religious symbols in my office: cross and pictures of saints. I also wear a cross. It is not a big one, but still.

So please everybody reading this post, it is important that we pray for this very urgent matter.

Thank you in advance and God bless!

Melissa.
Praying Praying Praying theheart hug
Sep 12 new
Prayers offered.
Sep 12 new
My goodness. What is the world coming to? rosary Praying rosary
Sep 12 new
Soviet Canuckistan just keeps veering further off the path into the swamp of irremediable stupidity and silliness.

Ontario is goofy enough, but Quebec is positively awful. Their language laws are a violation of universal human rights. Now this.

Thank God we have the First Amendment in the USA. This is the only country where the constitutional guaranty of religious freedom has some teeth in it. Within a generation Catholicism and traditional Christianity may well be regulated or otherwise severely limited in Eurostan and Soviet Canuckistan.
Posts 1 - 10 of 20