Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Sep 16th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Also see this:

http://debrasrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/03/yes-mr-cameron-catholics-are-christians.html
Thanks Zoom, but I am Always very Leary of what I read online and have to look at the credentials of the editors, etc., I truly believe he is a good man and the Internet and the secular world will probably make you believe otherwise. I guarantee he believes that we are "Christian" because even the thought of that is stupid in layman's terms. I mean really, c'mon! LOL

So, I would not take anything you see on the web for the True Word, as I wouldn't trust any of these articles and their validity unless they were written by the Pope and his predecessors!
Sep 17th 2013 new
I'm not bashing him just stating what he said on one of his shows where he goes out in a crowd and asks people questions on religion. He asked a catholic guy if he was saved and had confessed his sins. The guy said yes I'm catholic and go to confession. He said something to the effect that catholic confessions are invalid because another man cannot forgive your sins only an open confession to God will work he also implied because the guy was catholic he wasn't really christian and therefore wasn't saved. Many noncatholic christians believe this a lady in my own Christian adventure group said as much to me lately. I just ignored her I was on a float trip and not about to get into an argument on religion. I have a lot of relatives who are Southern Baptist, Lutheran or Methodist and have been to church with them his views are in line with the stricker sects of those churches.
Sep 17th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I'm not bashing him just stating what he said on one of his shows where he goes out in a crowd and asks people questions on religion. He asked a catholic guy if he was saved and had confessed his sins. The guy said yes I'm catholic and go to confession. He said something to the effect that catholic confessions are invalid because another man cannot forgive your sins only an open confession to God will work he also implied because the guy was catholic he wasn't really christian and therefore wasn't saved. Many noncatholic christians believe this a lady in my own Christian adventure group said as much to me lately. I just ignored her I was on a float trip and not about to get into an argument on religion. I have a lot of relatives who are Southern Baptist, Lutheran or Methodist and have been to church with them his views are in line with the stricker sects of those churches.
Well different Christian churches have their own thoughts about what validates a confession. Even Jehovah,s Witnesses handle theirs in a more private manner. Whatever Kirk Cameron believes on this matter is not what I believe. All though I admire his stand on issues involving fidelity in the marriage.
Sep 17th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Well different Christian churches have their own thoughts about what validates a confession. Even Jehovah,s Witnesses handle theirs in a more private manner. Whatever Kirk Cameron believes on this matter is what I believe. All though I admire his stand on issues involving fidelity in the marriage.
All truth comes from God through his Church the Catholic Church. All other Ecclesial Communions as Blessed JPII called them hold truths only as long as they correspond exactly as the Catholic Church teaches.

Protestants, most Anglicans ( Protestants really) do not have valid orders. As such they are not capable of convecting the sacrament of confession.
Sep 17th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: All truth comes from God through his Church the Catholic Church. All other Ecclesial Communions as Blessed JPII called them hold truths only as long as they correspond exactly as the Catholic Church teaches.

Protestants, most Anglicans ( Protestants really) do not have valid orders. As such they are not capable of convecting the sacrament of confession.
Thank you Tim and I agree wholly with what you are saying. This is one of those moments I wish I could edit my post. I did not intend to flat out say that I agree with Kirk Camerons take on confession. I left out the word "not". So please pardon me on my typographical error as I contact the moderator and ask them to insert the word. sorry
Sep 17th 2013 new
Was he in the Brat Pack?
Anyway, I much prefer Emilio Estevez who actually IS Catholic.
The Way is out on Neflix!

I agree with Ann, I have seen his TV show...it is a bit 'in your face' for my style personally...
It great he is Christian and all...but not my cup of tea.
Sep 19th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-695247 said: Was he in the Brat Pack?
Anyway, I much prefer Emilio Estevez who actually IS Catholic.
The Way is out on Neflix!

I agree with Ann, I have seen his TV show...it is a bit 'in your face' for my style personally...
It great he is Christian and all...but not my cup of tea.
Yes Kirk was a part of the Brat Pack as was Emilio. You can go to the 45+ room and see how turning his life around has taken him down a different path. Kirk was raised an atheist and at age seventeen converted to being a Christian. Emilio was a wild child who grew up in what can be called a dysfunctional family environment. But he is all grownup now smile
Sep 19th 2013 new
Oh no, I went to the 45+ room to see the link...but it doesn't work.
I was really interested to read the article. bummed.
I don't know much about the family, but I did see an interview with Martin Sheen and Emilio about the movie The Way. They seem very practicing Catholic now. If I remember correctly I don't think his mother is though. I have no idea what is going on with Charlie, he seems kind of crazy!
Posts 11 - 18 of 18